• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server No access to admin & groups on webadmin

XAdmin System

To enable the Xadmin system find the section [Engine.GameInfo] and change the value of the AccessControlClass= line to XAdmin.AccessControlIni
Now start your server and you will notice a new file is created in your system folder called xadmin.ini . This is where all your admin user/passwords/levels are stored. We strongly recommend you do not edit this file directly but that you set your admins up via webadmin.
Now browser to your server ip:port e.g. http://123.4.56.78:80 and you will be prompted for a user and password. This is default set to Admin / Admin and it is case sensitive. You will now be able to access the admins and groups menu on the top right of the screen.
We strongly recommend one of the first things you do is to change the default password. Also, note that you will have to login via console with your username in the format:

Upvote 0
Hi Jonesy
You will need to edit the newly created Xadmin.ini in the system folder and put your admin name and password into it.
Then restart your server.

[XAdmin.xAdminConfigIni]
AdminUsers=(AdminName="YOUR ADMIN NAME",Password="YOUR PASSORD",Privileges=,Groups=("Admin"),ManagedGroups=)
AdminGroups=(GroupName="Admin",Privileges=,GameSecLevel=255)
AdminGroups=(GroupName="MatchSetup",Privileges="Xm",GameSecLevel=240)

That will give you acccess

Upvote 0
I was able to get this working with the steps listed above. The default username/password is Admin/Admin. Log in as that, then set up your own user and either change the Admin password or delete that account. Works great for me and after I play with the server settings I'll be setting up user groups as well.

Upvote 0
Console Control

Console Control

Ive read through this forum and got the xAdmin set up using Webadmin, but now I can't login in game play via the console. How do I login using the console now?

Ive tried...

adminlogin Admin / Password
adminlogin admin /Password
adminlogin Password

Also, my "reserved slots" options that i enabled using ServerExt is not there.

Do i need to list the access control in the ini. like this?

AccessControlClass[0]=ServerExt.ReservedSlots
AccessControlClass[1]=XAdmin.AccessControlIni

Last edited:
Upvote 0
adminlogin username password

so with default login and pass of xadmin

adminlogin Admin Admin

AccessControlClass[0]=ServerExt.ReservedSlots
AccessControlClass[1]=XAdmin.AccessControlIni
If you use server elmuerte's server ext

read the readme and find this:

AccessControlClass=ServerExt.ReservedSlotsIni

this is what you should use if you want both xadmin and reservedslots.

Upvote 0
my ini

my ini

Well, it looks like I got it. If anyone else here needs to have both this is what I did.

I had to set up the xadmin first then I went back and replaced the AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni with the
AccessControlClass=ServerExt.ReservedSlotsIni. I should note that I had it set up with just the AccessControlClass=ServerExt.ReservedSlots for ServerExt prior to xAdmin.

Seems to be working now. I have to figure out the permissions for limited admins. Seems like if you dont check a permission box they wouldnt have the permission. Now I just have to login and try it.

Thanks for getting me there. It took me all day but I finally think I got it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0