• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No creditcard, No RO: Ostfront!?

[-project.rattus-] said:
In some countries, like Austria for example, you can only charge up your pay pal account using a credit card, which cripples the whole concept of paypal.

or slovenia

smiley-channel.de_finger049.gif
krokar

Upvote 0
Klompen said:
Just a note about Paypal. They are totally unregulated. If you pay attention to their agreement, they can basically close your account and keep all your money whenever they feel like it, for whatever reason they feel like. Don't ever put much money in Paypal.

Now that is riduculous! Why would they ever do that. They are a business that makes millions of dollars, all of a sudden, they are gonna turn evil and take everything you have, yeah right.

You know what I like? I like facts. If you are going to post something like that, lets see the press release where a woman lost it all to paypal. Some kind of precident.

Upvote 0
Klompen said:
Just a note about Paypal. They are totally unregulated. If you pay attention to their agreement, they can basically close your account and keep all your money whenever they feel like it, for whatever reason they feel like. Don't ever put much money in Paypal.

So can your bank... or your governement...

Upvote 0
Krokar said:
Just ask one of your friends that have cradit card to buy it for you?

Lol, just lol. Well... to put it mildly, lending a credit card to anyone is a quite foolish thing to do, don't you think?

Friends are friends, but with money involved, friendship ends. ;)

Look... there are countries on earth where people do actually prefer other methods of payment, like remittances or money cards (like over here in Germany). Here, only like 30% of all people do own and use a credit card, so most of you can imagine that RO won't be sold very often over here, as long as it requires Steam to be purchased. I wouldn't calculate with more than 3000 sold copies.

Steam is like modern segregation - those who own a credit card can buy everything in it, but those who don't are limited to a small bandwith of products that are sold in stores, too. Funny! :)

Upvote 0
Soziopath said:
Lol, just lol. Well... to put it mildly, lending a credit card to anyone is a quite foolish thing to do, don't you think?

Only if you don't return it. And I wold never ask for a CC number... just tell them you need them to buy it for you and hand them the cash... no problem ;)

Upvote 0
Soziopath said:

Who said anything about lending credit card?
Friend will buy the game with his credit card. You will give him money. They will give you RO account details. After that you will change the pass if you are paranoid. Realy dont see the problem here.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Out of 6 million Steam Users you calculate 3000, or in Germany?

In Germany, of course. I'm not dumb. ;)

But as I don't have any numbers about the sold copies of DoD in Germany, I can't really estimate it it a realistic fashion, I just calculated with the number of total credit cards in Germany. You could ask Valve, though, if they would tell you how many DoD's were sold via Steam in Germany, to get some numbers.

Upvote 0