• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TrackIR Support?

Skvate said:
you cant see **** from inside a tank anyways :p

The trackIR is primarily designed for sims where you have almost 360 degree of viewing(like in a cockpit...although its probably more like 270). In a tank, you have less...unless you put your head up the hatch of course :p
Well, if they model out the interiors of the tanks completely, i can see how it can come in handy.

Upvote 0
Since this is my first post on "RedOrchestraGame" - congrats to the devs! I've loved this game since 3.0. Glad to see you guys finally get paid.

Anyways, about TrackIR - I agree it would be great to see implemented some time. Not only would this be great for tanks (as previously suggested), but it would be really handy when trying to stay hidden as infantry, as a free look system.

Lots of times, I'm prone behind some bushes, and when I use the mouse to look left and right, my whole body moves, making me much more visible.

This could also be great for deployed MGs. It would be nice to look further than you can pivot.

Unfortunatley, this would require a whole lot of extra modeling by the devs. They'd have to model the rest of the body that you presently can't see.

Upvote 0
Time to bring this topic back.

I recently viewed a demonstration at a pilot shop of the new TrackIR 4 with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. It showed off the 6 degrees of movement.

Amazing!

This would be perfect for RO, to use to peek around corners or over the top of an obstacle instead of having to use the "Q" and "E" keys. Not only that but look in one direction with your weapon pointed at a possible threat in another direction. Allowing you to "keep your head on a swivel" and be aware of what is going on around you. This will also free up the Q and E keys for other commands, if you so desire.

Although it is very expensive, but it would allow you use the natural inclination of tilting, turning, raising, or dipping your head to get a better view of things.

Upvote 0
Better to have and not need it. I think it could go a long way.

EscAz. Do you have TrakIR 4, (which is the newest version) or TrackIR3 with the latest software update? The latest software update brings TrackIR 3 up to TrackIR 4 standards. Anything older than those two versions does not have six degrees of freedom. TrackIR4 would free up your hands for other things. It would make the experience much more immersive and allow the player more situational awareness. Six degrees of freedom = everything your head does in real life. It is much more natural and much more realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can see it being useful, but Ramm would be coding like is was March 06 all over again redoing how the engine handled stuff. I'd love to see it, but it seems like a huge investment for relatively little return.

There are many other things that are easier to add first and which would make more people happy overall.

Upvote 0
I can see it being useful, but Ramm would be coding like is was March 06 all over again redoing how the engine handled stuff. I'd love to see it, but it seems like a huge investment for relatively little return.

There are many other things that are easier to add first and which would make more people happy overall.

Fair enough...for this version.

Upvote 0