• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac level 0...

KF does indeed hate Mac computers. He's completely right. If you play on any server that installs custom mutators (ANY), your perks will be 0.

I have two friends with Macs, and both of them always get that problem. One of them had Windows partitioned, and then when she plays on the Windows side of her PC, everything works fine and dandy. :eek:

Upvote 0
Happened to me as well!

Happened to me as well!

I remember having this problem with Windows clients months ago and it seemed to stop when 1037 came out. KF 1037 worked great on Mac too, until this most recent patch that came out yesterday. Everybody on my server has working perks but I am the only one with all level 0's. A fresh restart of KF lets me use my perks in solo and some random servers but I've had a zero-percent success rate on my own server (and a few other random servers). My perks are whitelisted and worked prior to the most recent patch.

Here's what I tried (without success):
-Completely deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/
-Restarting computer, Steam, verify integrity, re-install
-Disabling all perks on my server

EDIT:
Ah I seem to have stumbled upon a solution that actually works after reading almost 100 threads that pretty much said the same stuff. I don't remember what thread so I can't cite it but here's the solution:

"~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/Cache/" contains a cache.ini file and numerous other files that end in ".u", in my case. The ".u" files are, I'm assuming but didn't actually check, hashes of the file that was downloaded from a server. cache.ini contains the correlation between the meaningless hash filename ".u" file and the meaningfully-named one. At any rate, I downloaded each of the ".u" files listed in cache.ini and placed them in "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/" and my KF install has been good to go ever since.

So from "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/Cache/":
-open cache.ini and leave it open
-delete everything contents of directory
-go to google and download the .u files listed in cache.ini
-throw them into "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My friends with macs either :
- dual boot with windows 7
or
- install the mutators manually
Manually installing the mutators is exactly what my post described how to do. I'm glad that seems to be the trend, too. That's pretty strange that the cached files get corrupt in the case of mutators and not maps but it seems to be related to the way KF stores those files or maybe the hashes (way above my head but maybe somebody who maintains the game could look into it). Not everybody out there is computer-saavy enough to figure those things out on their own or knows to check the forums... Or the TWI forums instead of Steam forums for that matter.

Upvote 0
Okay, I did the first part, but I do not know what website I have to "Go to Google" for. could you post a link?
Okay so say this is my cache.ini:
Code:
[Cache]
E390055844505582FDAF1E9DAE823895-1=MutKillMessage.u
So you need to grab "MutKillMessage.u" and a quick Google for "MutKillMessage.u" ends up with the first result being http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51237. The first post in the thread has a download link. Just take "MutKillMessage.u" out of the rar and throw it in "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/". That is just an example of one file that may be in cache.ini.

Basically, I don't think there's a one-stop shop for any item that may be in your cache.ini but if you just post the contents of cache.ini here, I can help you out. Or just PM me or send me an email and I'll help you out personally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At the risk of sounding like an arse, are you sure you did it right?

The problem you describe is exactly the issue I had and this worked for me. It's 2 separate commands you are running after opening terminal.

Paste in:
Code:
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Killing\ Floor/Cache/
Hit enter.
Then paste in:
Code:
for i in `cat cache.ini`; do ORIGEN=`echo $i | sed 's/=/ /' | awk '{print $1}'`; DESTINO=`echo $i | sed 's/=/ /' | awk '{print $2}'`; mv $ORIGEN.uxx ../system/$DESTINO; done;mv cache.ini cache.ini.old

Upvote 0
Got the same problem. Running 10.8.2.

Cleared cache many times and when I'm looking for a server i'm making sure it only has the standard maps and standard KFmutators. Even then i've got my rank like 3 out of 10 times. Pretty annoying, while my friends (running windows) doesn't have this problem.
Yesterday I played in a server with rank and after loading the next map, my rank suddenly disappeared :s

AWK script above doesn't work. Or at least, it isn't printing $1.. so I assume it doesn't work.

I think KF isn't the problem but Steam is. When looking up my rank in 'Profile and Achievements' it is giving an error: 'An unknown Steam error prevented access to this'

Upvote 0
solution DONT WORK
and always download in /KF/Cache
so trouble on security with STEAM

i cant restore any lvl perk
There isn't just one solution being mentioned here in this thread.

Cleared cache many times and when I'm looking for a server i'm making sure it only has the standard maps and standard KFmutators. Even then i've got my rank like 3 out of 10 times. Pretty annoying, while my friends (running windows) doesn't have this problem.
Yesterday I played in a server with rank and after loading the next map, my rank suddenly disappeared :s

AWK script above doesn't work. Or at least, it isn't printing $1.. so I assume it doesn't work.
First thing, your perk levels are not lost. That scriptlet just renames the files in .../Cache/ but I'm under the impression that the hashes generated by the Mac KF client are sometimes incorrect and therefore don't satisfy the whitelist authentication, which results in disabled perks.

I've seen that some people can simply delete their .../Cache/ folder but I think the best thing to do is completely delete the contents including cache.ini, go to the one server you know isn't letting you use your perks, then referring back to that cache.ini and manually downloading those individual files from a good source such as these forums. That is exactly what I did in order to resolve this problem.

Another thing that usually works for me is just restarting Steam. But after I performed the above steps, I've never had to repeat them again.

Upvote 0
I ran it the first time and it appeared to do nothing but when I loaded up KF I was able to play again on pretty much any server where as previously I couldn't play on most.

Happened on one server since, I immediately quit, ran the script, went back to the same server and it I was able to play on it with full perks.

I am running 10.5.8 though.

Upvote 0
There isn't just one solution being mentioned here in this thread.

I've seen that some people can simply delete their .../Cache/ folder but I think the best thing to do is completely delete the contents including cache.ini, go to the one server you know isn't letting you use your perks, then referring back to that cache.ini and manually downloading those individual files from a good source such as these forums. That is exactly what I did in order to resolve this problem.

Another thing that usually works for me is just restarting Steam. But after I performed the above steps, I've never had to repeat them again.

if i delete from cache , next connexion new elements inside ( .ini too ) and always security fail.

doent WORK.

Steam AND TripWire had to check what is wrong with hash key.

Upvote 0
see another log
ScriptLog: New Player BmacTristelune id=84159f68256957d3d67b35cb78cb770f
Log: Static mesh batches: 0 vertex bytes, 0 index bytes
ScriptLog: KFPlayerController.OnSubscribedFilesEnumerated 0
Warning: KFServerBrowser Package.KFServerBrowser (Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ServerBrowser.InitComponent:0040) Accessed None 'ch_Standard'
Warning: KFServerBrowser Package.KFServerBrowser (Function GUI2K4.UT2k4ServerBrowser.InitComponent:005C) Accessed None 'ch_Standard'
Log: Resolving redorchestragame.com...
Log: Defaulting to false
ScriptLog: UT2k4Browser_ServerListPageFavorites Spawned new ServerQueryClient 'Entry.ServerQueryClient'
ScriptLog: currentplayers=0
ScriptLog: freespace=0
ScriptLog: dedicated=true
ScriptLog: vacsecure=true
ScriptLog: perks=true
ScriptLog: difficulty=4
ScriptLog: currentplayers=0
ScriptLog: freespace=0
ScriptLog: dedicated=true
ScriptLog: vacsecure=true
ScriptLog: perks=true
ScriptLog: difficulty=4
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.none': Can't resolve package name
Log: Resolved redorchestragame.com (69.31.134.234)
Log: Allocating 88272 byte dynamic vertex buffer.
Log: Allocating 90432 byte dynamic vertex buffer.
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=Engine.Pawn
Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Corporal_Lewis
Log: URL: Adding default option team=1
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=BmacTristelune
Log: Browse: 178.130.33.36:7810/Index.rom?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Name=BmacTristelune
ScriptLog: UT2k4Browser_ServerListPageFavorites Destroying ServerQueryClient 'ServerQueryClient'
Log: NetMode now NM_Client
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 66162->66051; refs: 866251
Log: Bringing Level KF-WestLondon.myLevel up for play (90) appSeconds: 33.400272...
Log: (Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
Log: (Karma): StaticMesh (HW_Plane) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
Log: (Karma): StaticMesh (W_Blinds) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport SDLViewport
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/0B2DC59041FB443E39ED9FB8643E5F2E-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/795CE784431EE0C7D5BD3BAF614BD1AA-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/0BC607AF4A4696BD61F365869015E1D2-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/7089CBD047A24E586F5100BDF8392FF0-1.uxx

Log: MyOwner == NULL
ScriptLog: New Player BmacTristelune id=84159f68256957d3d67b35cb78cb770f
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 66950->66949; refs: 877454
Warning: KFPlayerController KF-WestLondon.KFPlayerController (Function KFmod.KFPlayerController.ShowLoginMenu:002D) Accessed None 'Pawn'
Log: KFPlayerController setplayer SDLViewport
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/0B2DC59041FB443E39ED9FB8643E5F2E-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/795CE784431EE0C7D5BD3BAF614BD1AA-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/0BC607AF4A4696BD61F365869015E1D2-1.uxx
Log: STEAMSTATS: SECURITY CHECK FAILED - ../Cache/7089CBD047A24E586F5100BDF8392FF0-1.uxx

so what we have gain :
many servers show as lvl 0 and CANT USE ANY CLASS

MANY SERVERS IS using MOD to EJECT minimum LVL required , OR the BUG COME FROM client and servers that do NOT CHECK CACHE FOR MODS

WORK BETTER BEFORE VERSION 1017 and WORKSHOP KF

you want to loose all players on os X ????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember having this problem with Windows clients months ago and it seemed to stop when 1037 came out. KF 1037 worked great on Mac too, until this most recent patch that came out yesterday. Everybody on my server has working perks but I am the only one with all level 0's. A fresh restart of KF lets me use my perks in solo and some random servers but I've had a zero-percent success rate on my own server (and a few other random servers). My perks are whitelisted and worked prior to the most recent patch.

Here's what I tried (without success):
-Completely deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/
-Restarting computer, Steam, verify integrity, re-install
-Disabling all perks on my server

EDIT:
Ah I seem to have stumbled upon a solution that actually works after reading almost 100 threads that pretty much said the same stuff. I don't remember what thread so I can't cite it but here's the solution:

"~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/Cache/" contains a cache.ini file and numerous other files that end in ".u", in my case. The ".u" files are, I'm assuming but didn't actually check, hashes of the file that was downloaded from a server. cache.ini contains the correlation between the meaningless hash filename ".u" file and the meaningfully-named one. At any rate, I downloaded each of the ".u" files listed in cache.ini and placed them in "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/" and my KF install has been good to go ever since.

So from "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/Cache/":
-open cache.ini and leave it open
-delete everything contents of directory
-go to google and download the .u files listed in cache.ini
-throw them into "~/Library/Application Support/Killing Floor/System/"

THANK YOU. Now I can play properly on modded servers. This fixed the issue for me. Kind of frustrating that I have to manually download every new mutator I find, but hey, U've been playing on a PC/Mac for almost 15 years now, and that's the way it was old time, hehehe... so thank you very much man, hopefully this will be updated by tripwire in the future, but for now, it's doing it for me.

Upvote 0