• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Major BUG Report... Please Read and Reply

plachta55

Dec 29, 2006
This is a critcal bug. Whenever someone is shooting at me, a picture comes up covering the WHOLE screen that looks like textures from the RedOrchestra SDK BETA. Examples are textures like the guns or tanks. Can someone help me fix this. Is there a patch i can download to fix this, or do i just have to deal with it forever. By the way, i downloaded this on steam.

I think i know what you mean.
Have you tried any of the folowing things?
1)Use steam to verify your game files.
2)Install(clean install) the latest drivers for your GPU.
3)Install the latest version of direct x 9.0c.
4)Re-install the game (if you have made a backup of it using steam)

Can you provide more details about your computer?(something like this:
What GPU do you have ATI or NVIDIA and what model with what drivers you are using it?
Your windows are win xp pro or home? service pack 1 or 2 ? etc etc etc.....)

Do you use any program that runs in the background that may interfere with RED ORCHESTRA?(i think an old version of zone alarm firewall made RO crash or behave strange)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

What GPU do you have ATI or NVIDIA and what model with what drivers you are using it?

Do you use any program that runs in the background that may interfere with RED ORCHESTRA?(i think an old version of zone alarm firewall made RO crash or behave strange)

Windows XP Pro
Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
I think i have ATI
I dont know what service pack
Whast zone firewall and how do i turn it off. I have firewall turned OFF.

Upvote 0

I did everythik her except install the latest version of GPU and re-installing the game. How do i do both? Also im still wondering about the zone alarm. How does this work?

Upvote 0
By saying "GPU" i mean your graphics card.
You say:" Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
I think i have ATI"
Do you use the INTEL or you have installed an ATI graphics card?(if you want help to find out wich card you have tell me)
Depending on what graphics card you have you must try to install the latest drivers.(To do a clean install you have to uninstall the old drivers first)
To re-install the game you need to backup it first with steam(if you want to know how tell me)
If you use "zone alarm" firewall update it to the latest version to.

Upvote 0
By saying "GPU" i mean your graphics card.
You say:" Intel 82865G Graphics Controller
I think i have ATI"
Do you use the INTEL or you have installed an ATI graphics card?(if you want help to find out wich card you have tell me)
Depending on what graphics card you have you must try to install the latest drivers.(To do a clean install you have to uninstall the old drivers first)
To re-install the game you need to backup it first with steam(if you want to know how tell me)
If you use "zone alarm" firewall update it to the latest version to.

I need help to upgrade my driver and how to reinstall the game.
Thanks

Upvote 0
First you have to find out what graphics card you have.
You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager.
And search for your display adapter.
If you have Intel 82865G graphics card use this link:http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=1044&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional〈=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21
If you have ATI graphics card use this link:http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Right click on My computer icon and choose properties and you will see what version of win xp pro you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
?

?

First you have to find out what graphics card you have.
You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager.
And search for your display adapter.
If you have Intel 82865G graphics card use this link:http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=1044&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional〈=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21
If you have ATI graphics card use this link:http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Right click on My computer icon and choose properties and you will see what version of win xp pro you have.

For some reason Intel wont let me download any of the downloads. Would there be an alternative?

Upvote 0
It sounds like you are using the same system I have.
I have 2 Dell systems at home. One is a Dimension 3000 with integrated graphics (Intel Chipset just like you're showing). I get the exact same problem on that system when I have tried to play the game. My other system is a Dell E521 with an ATI Radeon x1300 pro card installed in it and the game plays flawlessly there. I would say the integrated card is causing your problem. The drawback...if it is a Dell Dimension 3000...you are limited to what you can put in it. The 3000 only offers PCI slots so you will need to research what cards are available. I know that Nvidia and ATI make cards for PCI still but you will need to verify which ones will play this game effectively.

Upvote 0
Integrated GPU's also often share the main RAM space. You do not want that happening since it'll eat more main memory...plus many integrated chipset drivers won't use the most optimal code paths for the game, which results in even worse performance.
Integrated GPU's aren't for the gamer or power user...they're more tuned to the home (surf n' e-mail) user who is more concerned with convenience.

Upvote 0