• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Music in games

Obsessed

Feb 18, 2006
I always liked music in games, it gives it an extra touch.
For instance, in the trailer for R.O. music is a very important factor.
It always gets me excited and it gets you into the atmosphere
Unfortunalty you rarely have good music (like the one in the trailer) in the game itself.

I didn't play R.O. before, but if it doesn't has nice music in the maps, it might be a good idea.

The less developer time devouring way lol

The less developer time devouring way lol

The music in games gives them a dramatic effect, like in the stalingrad level in CoD1, where its like really effective, but i find the best thing to do is to open media in the background and put your music on (a word of advice, GO INDIE!) yes.

Upvote 0
I personally like it the way it is now. If you want music you use the ingame music player if you don't want it you just dont use it.

Alot of people like music while playing, relaxing probably more for ro. While you get your hardcore stuff for ut2004. It helps archieve the correct mood for playing. I hope that we'll keep the list list of redorchestra background music as the mood of that fits the game perfectly. And its handy having the ingameplayer because otherwise people need to use other programs which lag the users pc for alot of people.

Upvote 0