• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Create RO-OF maps in Half Life2 editor!

Amir Komet

Feb 15, 2006
hi, I'm a map designer and I just paid and pre downloaded Red Orchestra OstFront thro steam. I think it will be a great game but my question is if it will be possible to use the Half-Life2 editor to create maps for Red Orchestra OstFront as the game is on steam?

I know the game uses Unreal engine but will you support HL2 engine as well or not?

Amir Komet said:
hi, I'm a map designer and I just paid and pre downloaded Red Orchestra OstFront thro steam. I think it will be a great game but my question is if it will be possible to use the Half-Life2 editor to create maps for Red Orchestra OstFront as the game is on steam?

I know the game uses Unreal engine but will you support HL2 engine as well or not?

Non- offical answer, and I've never used Hammer (I believe that's the Source editor isn't it?) before, but my expections for being able to Copy-and-paste between Hammer and the Red Orchestra editor will be low. (as in, I don't believe you would be able to do it)..
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

What many people recommend is concentrating on layout ideas, static-mesh creation, research (as applicable), etc.. until the SDK is available.

What you can problably do is see if there is something to convert Source formatted cotent into Unreal formatted content.

Upvote 0
thank you for the quick response.

Yes indeed its for Hammer - Half-Life2 Source editor. I have few map projects finished and awaiting release. Me and my mates have been working hard for the past few months on some quality maps for Red Orchestra OstFront on Steam, it would be a shame for us if the SDK wont show up.

So please if any one has some offical information on when SDK will be available e-mail me at [email protected]

thank you! and good luck with the game :) looks like the game is becoming a hit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's already a resource site for RO mappers, it should help some when the game comes out: www.maporchestra.com

There's not much action there now, but once the game and SDK come out it should start up again. Its the main repository for custom maps, so be sure to upload any finished ones there. There's also an RO mappers IRC channel, #RO-Leveldesign, where several of the dev mappers hang out.

Upvote 0