• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Kf-defence-3b-RE

because you obviously have a life.

dude, you're posting on a gaming forum, yet you're insulting a moderator saying that he has no life while you're both using the same forums? :confused: he does have a life.......unless of course he had a heart attack and died yesterday. just so happens that moderating online forums is part of his life just as people posting in the forums is part of their lives. ;)

Omar hasn't directly insulted or singled out any member or map; he's simply stating his opinion that map remakes tend to get overdone and not worth the while when compared to people creating their own original works. it's his opinion and he's entitled to give it. if anyone's derailed this thread it's you J.D. as the majority of your comments have nothing to do with the map but are more attacking Omar's opinions regarding the map.

as for me and the map/mapper, cool he remade a custom map that's been around for a while. he got the author's permission so he can do whatever he wants. of course i do agree with Omar in the aspect that it'd be more beneficial to the community and the individual mapper (who is probably a novice as Omar pointed out with his example) if mappers would put more effort into creating original work, especially after a map has been remade as many times as for example, KF-defence has ;)

Upvote 0
Do what you want to do, don't let immature members of Kept stop you or anyone else who think they are superb or soo awesome and totally know what theyre talkin about and other people who think they know whats going on.

Hmph, and insulting KEPT once again for no reason is the mature thing to do then? While we might share the same online group, it doesnt mean the opinion of a member is automatically the opinion of the entire group. If you have a problem with one of us, it should be beetween you and him not every member of the group.

Upvote 0
Get back on topic. :)

He should be thankful I'm drunk (after a night of drinking with my friends, kthnx) and in a relatively good mood right now else he'd be gone permanently. ^_^

Carry on! :D

i think if we want to discuss this more we should go on the general section of killing floor forums and make a new thread

Reactions: Z-MAN and krispyk
Upvote 0
Fellas lets take a step back and go punch the wall instead.

If the map was updated with the original authors blessing you are going to have to let it ride (it would have been nice if the OP had said at the start and we would not be where we are now though).

That said it's an abomination of a map and when it's whitelisted KEPT and TWI will be found guilty of a crime against the KF humanity haha.

Upvote 0
What about the people who cannot create them? What about the people who currently only have the skill to edit them? I'd rather have upgraded old maps then no new maps at all.

The more time they spend editing maps the less time they spend learning how to make one from scratch.

Upvote 0