• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What to do now?

Try some of the interesting mutators going around.

You could also try some of the new beta weapons from the "KFWDT", or "Melee" concept from Yomommassis.

So, there is still TONS to do with Killing Floor even though you're perks are all level 6, and almost have all achievements.

Upvote 0
Do what i did

Do what i did

Basically your gonna stop playing the game like i did once i had all level 6 perks, and then about once a month your gonna log on to these forums or into the game to hopefully see a update but you will slowly come to the realization that if they cant even update the Multiplayer "News" tab that says "Have a good holiday AND vote for us even though that was 17 years ago" they are probably never gonna update the game and the longer they take to do it will just mean more players leaving the game for lack of content and most likely some of these players won't be back. So either way it isn't looking good.

TW wont even tell us a expected date of the next update and in my opinion odds are we wont see it for a very long time with such a small team working on it PLUS the other games they are working on doesn't help.

Im guessing that the retail KF didn't sell so well so now they are stuck with deciding to abandon it or work on KF2 to waste some more of our time and money.

So yea dude consider this nerd rage or whatever you want but honestly im sure a lot of you are thinking the same things, and probably are not very happy with where the game is now, and where it will be soon without a update in the near future. My guess is it will be in the My Games list in steam not installed and under the category -A WASTE O TIME-

Upvote 0
  1. Play the game for fun, join a 50 player server and still get pwned as level 6.
  2. Make Maps and mods. TWI has not released a update for a while now, not to say they won't, but *****ing is not going to do anything. Make or contribute to some of the mods that will keep the game fresh until TWI sorts something out.
  3. Quit, enjoy some sun, take your loved one out to dinner , play with your kids, explore the wonderful nature of tasty foods, have sex, drink yourself to sleep with your friends, find a different game to play, do yard work, and if all else fails you can go emo and kill yourself.
  4. Reset your perks and go for the challenge.

Upvote 0
Like many people have said, get stuck into making custom content, here are some basic tutorials:

Making Maps:

Videos:
YouTube - Killing floor sdk tutorial making cubemap with custom textures
YouTube - Killing Floor Tutorial Creating your first map. Part 1.

Sites (these are for unreal tournament, you will have to use some initiative):
http://unreal.gamedesign.net/tutorials/UED2/Basic/UED2Beginner.html
http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/tutorials/tutorials.htm

Making models:

These tutorials are for Blender, it's by far the best free software, 3ds Max and Maya are easier though if you are willing to pay the hefty price tag.

YouTube - Super3boy's First Blender Tutorial (I know the voice is annoying)

YouTube - Blender Tutorial Series - Part 001 - Beginning the model

Weapon models:

YouTube - Blender tutorial gun

YouTube - Blender beginner tutorial. How to make a barrett .50 cal

Upvote 0
Basically your gonna stop playing the game like i did once i had all level 6 perks, and then about once a month your gonna log on to these forums or into the game to hopefully see a update but you will slowly come to the realization that if they cant even update the Multiplayer "News" tab that says "Have a good holiday AND vote for us even though that was 17 years ago" they are probably never gonna update the game and the longer they take to do it will just mean more players leaving the game for lack of content and most likely some of these players won't be back. So either way it isn't looking good.

TW wont even tell us a expected date of the next update and in my opinion odds are we wont see it for a very long time with such a small team working on it PLUS the other games they are working on doesn't help.

Im guessing that the retail KF didn't sell so well so now they are stuck with deciding to abandon it or work on KF2 to waste some more of our time and money.

So yea dude consider this nerd rage or whatever you want but honestly im sure a lot of you are thinking the same things, and probably are not very happy with where the game is now, and where it will be soon without a update in the near future. My guess is it will be in the My Games list in steam not installed and under the category -A WASTE O TIME-

What an amazing emo post. Personally if a new update means I will not get to read posts like this then I say no update please.

Upvote 0

Lol. Someone's angry. :p

I'm not entirely happy with the state of the game at the moment but I still have fun with it. Even it it does never get updated I wouldn't consider it a waste of time. I've gotten 400 hours out of it.

People need to relax. It's just a damn computer game.

Upvote 0

Don't you think that's a rash opinion. I mean, sure they don't update their multiplayer news page at all but the game doesn't evolve as much by TW than by the community of players. My points is, much is going on in the forums, new maps, weapons, mutators, mods, etc. I'm sure you know all of this though. Anyway, I'm sure TW won't let the game simply go by itself, if they care a little, they'll check out the forums and hopefully they'll consider what is said.

Plus, just because KF doesn't get an update any time soon doesn't mean it's not fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

It's common knowledge that KF retail did exceptionally well for such a small game developer, the reason it's not being updated much anymore is because most of the Tripwire team (which is not a very big number) are working on RO: HoS. And don't say 'screw RO I want KF updatez!' because if you haven't played RO, just go and get it.

I kind of hope they don't make a KF2, I'd really like to see what else TWI can bring to the gaming world. Just look at it, RO was and still is a totally different war experience than anything out there. KF showed the zombie killing world that you don't have to play L4D, that you shouldn't be stuck with 5 or 6 weapons that really only boil down the about 3 different types. So I'd much rather see a new game from Tripwire rather than another sequel.

Upvote 0