• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WIP] Medic 9mm Alt Fire

Yomommassis

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
The idea is for the medic to be able to hold his syringe while wielding the 9mm, obviously this would result in faster healing of teammates/self and provoke more healing because they would have it in their hands more often

ATM this mutator is Broken

med9mm.png

med9mmin.png

cool idea, but games easy enough as it is without secondary melee attacks for every weapon and dual medic/9mm combos. cool idea though.
I can think of a few ways to keep it balanced. This could also be considered as the medics second tier weapon.

The best way to balance it that I can think of would be,
  • Medics are the only class that can have this combo; at the cost of not being able to have dual 9mms at the same time.
  • Contains 3 uses and heals faster than the default tool, only 2 or 3 extra vials can be carried at a time.
  • Reloading would be time consuming, wouldn't be able to shoot while changing vials.
  • It has to be bought or picked up.
I like this idea best because it has some add verity and what could be an important choice between two guns or quicker healing. It also removes an ability and adds an ability bringing if you ask me some much needed differences to the perks; it would add a reason to being medic besides "no else is a medic and discounted armor"

(as an excuse for having to buy another reskin the medical vial on the top showing that this one is different. You could also move the tube to the back it looks like it has a port already, moving the tube also gives back some of the screen space, and it would look more natural held that way.)

Upvote 0
Any progress on this?
The best way to balance it that I can think of would be,
  • Medics are the only class that can have this combo; at the cost of not being able to have dual 9mms at the same time.
  • Contains 3 uses and heals faster than the default tool, only 2 or 3 extra vials can be carried at a time.
  • Reloading would be time consuming, wouldn't be able to shoot while changing vials.
  • It has to be bought or picked up.
This is dumb.
It's the normal med syringe, why should it heal faster, have limited heals or have to be purchased?
Why do you think not being able to have dual 9mms is a disadvantage?
The medic simply can't use the flashlight anymore for being able to heal people with altfire.
This is neither gamebreaking nor even convenient for single medics.
The mp7m does the same thing better.

Upvote 0
Any progress on this?

This is dumb.
It's the normal med syringe, why should it heal faster, have limited heals or have to be purchased?
Why do you think not being able to have dual 9mms is a disadvantage?
The medic simply can't use the flashlight anymore for being able to heal people with altfire.
This is neither game breaking nor even convenient for single medics.
The mp7m does the same thing better.
You have most negative personality I have ever seen; not only that but you are constantly insulting others in what seems to be an attempt to shut up any new ideas or suggestions.

First off this is not dumb it is a idea, a suggestion, and my personal option .
If you had read my post well you would have noticed two things. For one I said "The best way to balance it that I can think of" again this is a personal option and I was thinking how to balance it yet still make it fun to use.
The second thing I wrote was that it would be a different kind of med syringe or would be using another kind of healing agent as the reasoning behind having to buy it. If it was a different healing agent or kind of vial it might have additional benefits and uses from a vial. For the sake of keeping it balanced it would need to have a limited amount of vials like how guns have limited amounts of ammo.

I for one like dual 9mms and I have seen plenty of other players using them(and looking in your post history it is clear you hate them.)

I never said the player couldn't use his flashlight I was thinking that it might be possible to code it so it uses the med syringe instead of the ironsights (why would you use ironsights with the syringe anyway?)

As you said it is not game breaking, but it could be useful in the first few waves or if someone wants a healing weapon that takes up only 1 or 2 slots unlike the MP7m.

Yes and no about the MP7m. It does heal but at a distance and not as well as this would. The fact that you can only have a few extra vial and it has 3 uses to a vial lead to the point that it doesn't recharge like the MP7m or normal med syringe; so for balance it would heal faster.

It is just my option on how this could be balanced, not a demand; so you may disagree with my option but don't be an *** about it.

Upvote 0
It is dumb because there is absolutely no need whatsoever to balance this thing by adding "downsides" and then "balance those downsides with upsides" until you get something convoluted, needlessly complicated and there is nothing you can say against that.

It means more work to implement.
It serves no purpose whatsoever.
There is no reason why this syringe should act differently than other syringes nor is it needed for balance in any way.
It a bad idea.

Your "option" is a bad idea and I said why exactly.
I am not "constantly insulting others".
If that was the case, I would not like anything I see around here now, would I? This is not the case.
I am honest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0