• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insane Discounts

Sorry, sorry for the de-railment :X

Though I disagree with a fixed discount rate for all perks, I do agree that lvl 0 perks should get more of a discount, because, well, It must be pretty hard for newcomers to obtain enough cash for a near-default priced weapon for their perk :/

seems kind of dumb? get more advantages when your new, but level six you get ****?

Newbies have a solution too this problem anyways, and they lack to do it- Join a beginner server ;D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not supporting crap, too much work. And with your 300 hours you go look :( im resting xD

Upvote 0
ehh? Stun rate might not exist but weapons do stun.. 300 hours of KF you should know this :eek:

Berserkers can stun scrakes for example... an LAR body shot stuns a gorefast...
And it is entirely damage based which is why a LAR headshot as a lv6 SS and a rocket stuns a scrake too, yes.
I never said you can't stun enemies, I said there is no such thing as a "stun rate".

Anyway, back to the discounts...

Meh, its part of the rewards for leveling up, getting cheaper weapons. I agree that 75% discount might be too much but I still think it should increase when you level up.

Something like

Level
0 = 5% discount
1 = 10%
3 = 15%
4 = 20%
5 = 25%
6 = 30%
I dunno.
A high level already means more bonuses.
Getting weapons cheaper is a bit much on top of that.
You also spawn with one, mind you.

Upvote 0
Meh, its part of the rewards for leveling up, getting cheaper weapons. I agree that 75% discount might be too much but I still think it should increase when you level up.

Something like

Level
0 = 5% discount
1 = 10%
3 = 15%
4 = 20%
5 = 25%
6 = 30%

this sounds fine for me.

tbh, i'd rather see weapon discounts than extra damage rates. a discount on a weapon would make more sense and be more fair for players than one bullpup shot having 50% more damage than an identical bullpup shot. should be the same identical weapon shooting the same amount of bullets all with the same amount of damage. as you progress in perks, the weapon should be discounted to reward your leveling and you can carry more ammo. i've never liked different amounts of damage determined by the perk you use.

Upvote 0

Something like

Level
0 = 5% discount
1 = 10%
3 = 15%
4 = 20%
5 = 25%
6 = 30%
That's basically what I had in mind too. Besides making more sense and being less game-breaking, it'd also deal with rebuying the Crossbow and Hunting Shotgun (though those weapons still need their ammo prices adjusted).

A similar adjustment would be needed for Pipe Bombs and the MP7M. The latter's price is simply ridiculous, but I haven't put much thought into a adjustment for it, and can't be bothered pulling some numbers out of a hat right now. For Pipe Bombs, though, I'm thinking that they should keep their current price, but have their discount changed to the one that ordinary weapons receive now (10% per level starting at level 0).

Upvote 0
That's basically what I had in mind too. Besides making more sense and being less game-breaking, it'd also deal with rebuying the Crossbow and Hunting Shotgun (though those weapons still need their ammo prices adjusted).

A similar adjustment would be needed for Pipe Bombs and the MP7M. The latter's price is simply ridiculous, but I haven't put much thought into a adjustment for it, and can't be bothered pulling some numbers out of a hat right now. For Pipe Bombs, though, I'm thinking that they should keep their current price, but have their discount changed to the one that ordinary weapons receive now (10% per level starting at level 0).

Upvote 0
Maybe the weapons are destroyed after being killed by the specs . Clots / crawler eat at you , gorefast cut you out and keep doing that even when you're dead , husk incinerate you making your weapons to be damaged , flesh pounds have so much strengh that they can blend your weapons easily / damage it after raped you , sirens make your left grenade exploding and bloat damage your weapons with the acidic thing .

There is more than one reason making your weapons to be detroyed / damaged ^^' . So, after dieing, you drop what you were taking fierly (wtf a knife) and drop it in front of you, lifeless . But the rest of your weapons still on you have great chances to be damaged =( .

And about the topic, rising the weapon's cost is a good thing but 30 % @ lvl 6 .. nah . Maybe something like 40-50 %

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Something like

Level
0 = 5% discount
1 = 10%
3 = 15%
4 = 20%
5 = 25%
6 = 30%

Well, i'd prefer this :
Level
0 = 30% discount
1 = 35%
3 = 40%
4 = 45%
5 = 50%
6 = 55%

And do not touch the actual prices.
Because of that, other perks won't be able to buy easily weapons specialize for others perks.
And a huge reduction with the level 0 is better (i think).

Ah, and i've read that some find the fact that the clip magically grows with level seems a bit not realistic. But, do you really think that the shots make more damage in itself is more realistic ?
The recoil, or the precision are normal, but the shots are still the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, and i've read that some find the fact that the mag magically grows with level seems a bit not realistic. But, do you really think that the shots make more damage in itself is more realistic ?
The recoil, or the precision are normal, but the shots are still the same.

AK-47_with_100-round_magazine.jpg

The AK47 with 37 round mag is kinda realistic now, isn't it? :D

Upvote 0
Less damage, has the spread of the frigging hunting shotty after the first shot, empties the mag at an insane rate, uncancelable 4 second reload that WILL get you into trouble.

Do it.
On suicidal.

Actually the mp7 is terrific at dealing with 4 specimens or less that includes clots, crawlers, invisible *****es, blots and gorefasts. However more than 4 at the same time targeting you or if you are mixing in skrates, sirens, and what not then ur in trouble if ur alone.

Aside from that, the mp7 has tremendous headshot capability up close, I am constantly lobbing off the heads of the specimens.

Upvote 0