• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Top 8 War Movies/War time movies

Ya many good ones there. But i wanted to keep the list as a 8 to make
it hard for me. To but them to in order and think which are able to get in
the list and which are not.

Haven't seen:

The Fog Of War
Looks interesting in that youtube clip and
it got all those questions in that clip which every leader
should ask from himself. Sadly most of them doesnt seems to do so.

Come and see
Looks quite intersting, how ever i wonder if it can criticise Soviet
Union as a nation, because it have been done in Soviet Union
in 1985.

La 7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And Sam im really disapointed to your list. It have just a funny movies, where is your seriousness. :D

Thats what the classics are all about man. Your not meant to take them seriously. Kelly's Heroes is one of my favourites just because it is so fun to watch.

Films need to be entertaining, if I want to learn about the horrors of war or specific details I can watch a documentary or read a book. :)

(World at War series on boxset ftw!)

Upvote 0
Supprised no one mentioned SPR... but i do like everyone added lesser known movies.

Memphis Belle

A U.S. bomber plane's crew is ordered to hit a heavily defended German city. Capt. Dearborn (Matthew Modine) leads his men into battle while their commander and a public relations officer (John Lithgow) anxiously await the squad's return. Amid friction between the captain and his co-pilot (Tate Donovan), a scandal erupts when it's learned that a medical officer has been dishonest. Based on the real-life World War II plane's final mission.

Rescue Dawn
Guy makes a plan to get out of a prison camp in Vitnam.

Behind Enemy Lines

K-19: The Widowmaker

Red Dawn
Made up story about a USSR invasion or the US. Kinda Corny but they use good garrila tatics... for high school kids.

If you can tell I like Netflix.

Edit: found some more

Flame and Citron

Based on actual events, this exciting drama tells the story of World War II Danish Resistance fighters Flame (Thure Lindhardt) and Citron (Mads Mikkelsen). Taking orders from Resistance leader Aksel Winther (Peter Mygind), the two systematically assassinate Danish collaborators and Nazi officers. But they are far from heroic in their personal lives, and filmmaker Ole Christian Madsen explores the serious flaws of these complex men.

The Lost Battalion

It began on October 2nd, 1918, when the men of the U.S. Army's 77th Division, 308th Battalion were surrounded by German troops in the Argonne Forest. Without food, water or reserve ammunition, cut off from supply and communication lines, they managed to hold off the enemy until they were finally rescued.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
of the recent war movies i really enjoyed EAtG .
I know you're all laughing at me.
I don't care.
It looked great, was a decent enough story and the James horner soundtrack was top.

Don't worry, Enemy at the Gates is what got me into the Eastern Front :eek:

Anyway, I tend to love old war movies, some of which have been mentioned here. Corny and patriotic, yes, but they have this charm about them.

Upvote 0
meh listthread than

1. Come and see ... no way around it. If there is a "Ostfront" movie its this one. Not because of the "action scenes" or anything. I can understand why it was the directors last movie he ever made. ( Maybe that russian series *allways forget the name of* should be here too)

2. Stalingrad

3. Good Morning Vietnam...just pretend i overlooked that we only talk ww2 movies here. ( actualy..do we ? )

4. Full Metal Jacket

5.Das Boot ( the series ) The movie everyone knows is only like 1/6th of the series. I remeber it runs in germany as TV series around christmas, when i was younger.

6. Der Untergang

7. Die Br

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favourite war movie, hell, one of my all time faves, is Enemy At The Gates.

With Jude Law and Rachel Weisz, it is a movie about snipers. And being a Crossbow enthusiast on KF, and a sniper on, other, games, i find it quite the epic. It illustrates, at least a little, what Russian snipers did to take back Stalingrad. It also stars a hero of the Soviet Union, Vassili Zaitsev.

Great movie.

Upvote 0
I didnt like Saints and Soldiers because of the combination of Religion with War.. Being a flaming atheist, I am immidiatly biased against it.
The Fall was defiently one of my favourates!
I cant add anything new to what has already been said expect recommending Waltz with Bashir again, if anything.. just the style is incredible
[YouTube - Waltz with Bashir
YouTube - I Bombed Bierut-With English Subtitle

Upvote 0