• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Found a little press release

Those character models look really nice, I was wondering if will be possible in HOS for mouth to open while shouting,screaming or giving an order?

what if they are ventriloquists? (Holy crap! I spelt it right first try! No spell check! I promise! :D) I'm sure that there were at least 1 or 2 ventriloquists present during the battle of Stalingrad!

Upvote 0
The detail of the characters is really nice, and its nice to finally see them in high resolution.

Although I still think that the characters look a tad too glossy/shiny.

I've been looking at a lot of WW2 pics and a lot of the helmets were actually kinda shiny, even during the heat of battle... plus once the models are in game the reflections will be different according to light rendering etc, so they probably wont look so shiny

Upvote 0
I'm not specifically talking about the helmets or boots, more the entire picture in general. I'd expect a more diffuse less pronounced form of highlighting I guess. The axis uniform makes me think of leather, and the allied uniform makes me think of suede for instance. Rather than for example wool.

But the detail look really nice. The key point will be, will the folds move while being animated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The pic with the soldiers is very nice :) If they have that amount of detail in-game I won't complain, that's for sure.

Those soldiers are unreal, now I'm sure that my machine can't handle this game. I'll have to buy a new one just because of HOS :(

Well, it's UE3, so it should run pretty smooth. Unless your PC is more than two years old maybe.

Upvote 0
Hmm, the uniforms looks a little bit to "clean" :D
And i am thinking that the helmets are to shiny, too.

And why the german soldier has a sand coloured helmet? That looks a little bit strange.
A dark grey helmet would look much better :D

But this pictures are old, and i hope that this aren't the finish models of the finally HoS Player-Models.

some examples, but i am sure that aren't unknown pictures for the TWI-Team :D

j5wled.jpg

auh0fp.jpg

ng7vc1.jpg

fvelwh.jpg

2yyo9ib.jpg

and a picture out of Stalingrad (i think)

4j2mvp.jpg

i am sorry but i haven't found some coloured pictures of russian soldiers :(

Upvote 0
Tell you one thing, straight up: Modo is absolutely awesome. I came up in Lightwave 3D, but made the jump over to Modo about ... 8 - 10 mos. ago, and haven't looked back since, as far as modeling goes. Rendering and animation aren't quite there yet, unfortunately, but for modeling ... wow. There's nothing better out there than Modo 401.

And no I don't work for Luxology.

And unfortunately I'm not quite good enough to work for Tripwire. :p

Upvote 0