• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nightvision goggles

Not if the game allows it..

Still, Id like to have nightvision goggles but ONLY if they cost enough and weight something. Otherwise its just "cheating".

lol but to be serious, if people want to see in dark without a flashlight they should sacrife one of their backup weapons to get such tool. If it weights 1 block you couldnt get pipebombs for example, or in some cases katana/m79 (since some people carry katana/bullbup/scar for example, with goggles theyd have to leave katana)

Upvote 0
The game allows it but I rarely use it anyway since it doesn't help all that much past actually being able to see something as opposed to nothing. I like the dark environments in KF but anywhere where there is little or no light is just plain stupid. It's a trap at best and in most cases the area is about as useful as a solid brick wall since you die trying to navigate it.

I usually use the gamma boost or rmode6 for custom maps that lack proper lighting.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of this the other day. A headlamp that can be bought. Didn't really think of night vision, but it definitely makes since.

Wyre at night with NV, that is definitely atmospheric, if not for the scare but for the cinematic quality.

I also agree to have then hamper your FOV, perhaps even your speed.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think that being able to see in the dark would just detract from the horror atmosphere we're already tenuously gripping to. There's a reason only two of the weapons feature flashlights.

I still like the idea of using short-lived flares to provide brief illumination.

Err, its not like EVERYONE would use night vision goggles if they just made them weight enough blocks and cost enough money. I wouldnt waste my money on the goggles if it ment I had to sacrifice my backup weapon.

Also, Im not sure how exactly modern nightvision goggles work, but they could like add a button to them so every time you enter a dark area you have to put down your weapon for a while to turn the goggles on, and when entering well lit area youd be blinded until you turned the goggles off again. Maybe even add a short, like 2-3 seconds of blindness effect IF you take off the goggles in bright daylight. Modern goggles prolly have some kind of automatic systems to adjust all these things but I think the older models didnt? Or am I entirely wrong.

And one more thing. Have you ever played a horror game where you can use nightvision? I think its not rly less scarier than using a flashlight (ok maybe little but thats what you are paying for), the green color and the limited field of view make it look rather greepy imo. Altho KF was never really scary anyway lol >_>

Upvote 0
If not for the creepy aspect then for realism, how many military teams would run around a farm in the middle of the night with only a pistol flashlight.

The military use nightvision at night in war, why would they not use nightvision against crazy mutants with machetes on their arm or giant mutants with chainsaws.

Upvote 0
Really I'd like to be able to make a map which is pitch black outside and have a few indoors sections with strong light, a perfect feel for nightvision goggles.

And besides I like the dark being dark without adjusting graphics settings to the point that everything looks crap.

For anyone who hasn't played BF2 go out now and try the night vision goggles, they are awesome.

Upvote 0