• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon request

Weapon request

• p 90

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • minigun

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • beefeater halbred

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • trench knuckles

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • mg42

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Drugnov

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • PLR-16

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MP5

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters
For all your bluster and downtalking...you don't have a single constructive thing to say, or "non game watering down, realistic, gritty romping, makes you get a boner" weapon to suggest.

So please, before you speak, consider if what you will say will make you look like a condescending elitist ***.

-Krieg

Not one thing constructive, His general point was to not add weapons. That idea hurts no one and only helps, sounds pretty constructive to me.

Upvote 0
My problem lies in his presentation.

This is a poll. In the thread of suggestion. So far as I am aware, people aught to be able to have an opinion here, and not be talked down to and spoken to as if a overly excitable 12 year old because of it.

I know the game is a grim, gritty, quasi realistic survival horror. Because I play it. I fail to see how this being the case, means that there can not be a variety of selections to choose from.

I agree that the game should not be bogged down in various and vastly similar weapons, and hence, why this is a poll, and not a "I suggest all of these weapons". The idea was to find a single weapon that was the most popular, and then see if it could be made to fit a role and still maintain balance within the game.

Now if you had an idea for a vote, and I told you rather bluntly that you're basically an idiot because you know nothing about what you're talking about and your idea is completely useless without even reading it or considering it in it's entirety, I would think you might find it hard to take me seriously too.

So yeah, presentation. He could have said "I don't think it's a good idea to water down the game with too many useless weapons" as opposed to a paragraph of condescending elitist statements. But hey, I guess we do things differently.

Upvote 0
After a second read through, I can see where he was being a bit condescending. I don't think it was aimed at you personally, more at the general crowd posting in this topic.

I agree with him that there don't need to be too many guns that fulfill the same role, though. Too much selection can be detrimental to a game. I think CoD4 suffered from this, personally. There were some guns that just felt redundant, and others that were basically useless in almost every situation. I don't want to see the same thing happen with KF.

Upvote 0
Krieg : I apologize to you for coming off as an asshole in your thread. Reading over my own post I do not believe that it has a condescending tone, but then again I'm not the one who has to put up with my own posts.

I'll try to keep it toned down from now on.

(I think some suppressed anger crept in because I was still RAGED from that retarded AK47 thread)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually dreaded going back to this thread considering I was expecting a full on flame fest...but it turns out you guys are quite reasonable. Thanks for that ^_^. I've been under a lot of stress lately myself, so like a match to tinder, I was ready to take things personal.

Anywhoo, on topic.

Giant laser weapon? I don't know about a prototype made from scraps, though with horzine re-inventing the age old flame thrower, and some fancy defense armor, I don't see why they wouldn't have been working on something that is relatively quasi-realistic.

The problem is where it would fit in. If it lights things on fire, has a set range, and cuts through multiple (penetrates) targets...it's just a the flamethrower with shiny lights.
I'm pretty sure if it did any more damage, it would be ridiculously OP, any less, and it's useless. If you're talking some kind of cannon...It's obvious from the weapon selection that they (tripwire) don't want massive, widely destructive weapons.

Upvote 0
I live up in Scotland and I don't know much about guns, their models, the types of ammo, though I like to think I know at least a few of the basics(having used the Lee-Enfield Number 8 Rifle, the British army SA-80 and the British army LSW). I not really a big fan of gun ownership and wouldn't say I'm up for legalising guns in Britain, but I respect the opinions of those who do......so I learned up a few gun models, specifically for this thread ;D

I don't really like any of the poll weapons and I don't think any of them are really needed, but that's not important and Krieg Jaeger doesn't enjoy recieving any critique, so I'll simply throw out some weapons that I think should be in Killing Floor.

1) Lee-Enfield. In no way do I want this in the game simply because I've used it, but lots of people want a coped weapon, lots of people want a WWII specific weapon and lots of people want some kind of bolt-Action rifle, so I tackle all three needs the way I see it. I decided to pick a British weapon, simple because it's a British themed game. I know people are flexing the "There are already many non-British weapons in KF, so why can't we pick non-British weapons?" argument, but I see it as all the more reason for throwing in a few more British associated weapons(But not only British weapons, don't get me wrong). As for game balancing, I think the Crossbow should remain as it is; very powerful and long range, though the penetration should be shifted to the Rifle. And by making the Rifle less damaging than the Crossbow, we're left with a low damage, high penetration weapon and a High damage low penetration weapon, to allow player to optimise their weaponry for different situations.

2)Sawn-off Remington 870. I had to go look up this model, though anyone who doesn't know what it is, may recognise it as The Joker's Sawn-off in The Dark Knight, that he acquires from the mob bank at the beginning. I feel the need for a greater variation of sidearms, as each class has one specific 'big gun' that'll be amazing once each perk is levelled up and a wider range in sidearms can mean nearly any class can have a weaker fallback weapon for those situations where they are utterly crap to be in(Scrake mauling a Firebug for example) and with a sawn-off as their fallback, they have atiny bit better hope of surviving. Gameplay elements on this one would be that it's a tad worse power than the regular shotgun, only a 6 shell capacity and the spread of the hunting Shotgun, that way it's not favourable over the other shotguns as Support, but could be made useful in dire situations as another perk. I also think the weight should be 5 blocks.....one block less and the level 5 support could carry all three shotguns :p Which would make them even more overkill. I guess the model isn't really important, but a sawn-off roughly as good as the one described would be awesome.

3) Beretta 93R. For those without gun knowledge(like myself, before I looked this up), this is a selective fire machine pistol, derived from the semi-auto beretta pistol. You might recognise it as.....The 9mm from Killing Floor....with a few differences. The largest being that it's fully automatic or burst fire. Using the same space as a handcannon, it could offer A faster firing, innacurate version of the 9mm, boasting the same damage. Sounds overpowered at the moment, but remove the ability to dual wield them and it sounds a good amount more balanced. It could also be further crammed into the commando class. Let's not forget there's no torch on it :p And that you might confuse it with the normal pistol at first glance, or when you're picking it up. I just really feel the need for a machine pistol, to level up Commando whilst using other perks, much like any player being able to level up sharpshooter, whilst using any perk.

I guess what I'm vying for is that a few small arms be included that level up perks other than Sharpshooter, so that when players are forced to fall back on their small arms, they can level something other than sharpshooter. After all, variety is awesome right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What people really need to remember when it comes to suggesting new guns is to look at what we have already.

Medic has only 1 gun, the syringe, and it doesn't even work correctly...

Support has 3-5. Both shotties, the LAW, the welder, and nades. (might as well count them too)

Sharpshooters have 4-6 depending if you count duelies.

Commandos will have 2 with the AK but they also get the reload bonus for all weapons.

Berserkers will have 5 with the Katana.

Firebugs also only have 1 and I don't think fire nades should count. Normal nades are generally better so I consider them a disadvantage honestly.

So instead of suggesting sniper rifles, melee weapons, or support weapons which we already have tons of, why not give firebugs or medics something first.

I'm not sure what to do about medics other than fixing the syringe, and maybe giving them a 10% discount on all weapons. Firebugs need another weapon the most, if not 2. A flare gun seems the only reasonable and popular suggestion that I've read so far though a laser weapon could technically work also. Another assault rifle or 2 could be added after and then worry about the classes that already have 3+ weapons...

I just see no point in adding a sniper rifle when sharpshooters already have 2 similar weapons and 2 other weapons while other classes only have 1 to begin with.

Upvote 0
A few ideas-just throwing them out there

A few ideas-just throwing them out there

Firebug = molotov coctails

Bezerker = throwing knive's, axe's or Shuriken's, Sledgehammer, or how about having an industrial size handheld drill - link here =
http://www.allproducts.com/machine/catchmatch/19-core_drill_machine.jpg

Support= laser mines, c4, Proximity mines,claymores, Nail bomb, sticky bomb

Wouldnt really fit in, but a rambo style long bow with laser sight would be kinda cool and for the firebug flaming arrows maybe.
Or upgrade the crossbow so it can take flaming arrows and maybe upgrade the capacity so you can load up 2,3,4 arrows for one shot.

New handguns would be nice, plenty to choose from, magnum, beretta etc..

Maybe some kind of bio weapon that Horzine were experimenting with, some kind of gun that fires darts or cartridges filled with chemicals that eats away at the victim or melts it.

Upvote 0
@ Sammers

Personally, going from CoD modern warfare to World at war was painful. There's a reason bolt action rifles are considered obsolete, though I do agree that there is some merit to it. Especially when you consider the lever action. If you want an automatic 9 mil, just click really...really fast. Most people shun the idea of another sub machine gun, so I doubt many would prefer another "weak" pistol.

The sawed off is an interesting idea...though giving everyone a massive, cheap, and light gun suddenly makes things a lot easier. The situation of a firebug getting mauled or a zerker getting overwhelmed is just part of the game, and happens when people don't support each other. Bad teamwork is not an excuse to add weapons.

@Atiyeh
I agree that firebug and medic are somewhat hurting offensively, but the medic has too much survivability as is with insane armor and great speed, not to mention a self heal to near full up every few seconds. Giving it a weapon too would make it OP.
Firebugs could use something to make things more interesting. Rather than just hosing down wave after wave like a gardener with weed killer.

@[TcH]MeatUrMaker
Zerker has enough nice bits atm, and is already getting another one.
Support is right up there with them.
Xbow with multiple bolts would just annihilate things. Too OP
We are using a 50 cal magnum, and a beretta already (that's the "nine mil"). But I would like to see some interesting pistols.

I do find it odd that horzine re-invents the flame thrower, and leaves it at that. After creating all of the zeds, some super armor, and then some. Some experimental or prototype weapons would be interesting.

Upvote 0
Like a laser weapon

ENCLAVEPLASMARIFLE.png

IMO.

Upvote 0