• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

The weapons sound much better!
By the way, which mods are you using? I noticed that the pistols have sights again. Oh, and that 'Why won't you die?!' moment was pretty amusing :)

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/weapon_damageaccuracy_and_Ironsights;94019

Grobut, I reinstalled SHOC last night but didn't have time to try your mod. I'll check it out sometime today.

After playing clear sky and going to OL 2.2 with the arsenal mod it feels a little odd to be able to drop a guy with only a few shots from a AK or pistol.

Upvote 0
Grobut, I reinstalled SHOC last night but didn't have time to try your mod. I'll check it out sometime today.

After playing clear sky and going to OL 2.2 with the arsenal mod it feels a little odd to be able to drop a guy with only a few shots from a AK or pistol.

Nice, and i see 4 of you tossers have downloaded it, so hopefully that means i do get some feedback! :)

But yes, it changes the gameplay quite a bit, but that's also the point, to inject some skill into it and give it a more tactical feel, make it more fun, but its a balance walk, i don't want it to become too easy and therefor dull, but neither should the game kick your arse at every turn so you have bind quickload and quicksave to your mouse buttons, this is also why i have opted to place more importance on accuracy rather than making the damage extremely high (like the "realism" mods do, mine are high, but not nearly that high), im trying to strike a happy medium and get fun rewarding gameplay, not trying to turn Stalker into Opperation Flashpoint ;)

But currently it may be slightly off (i suspect the accuracy may be a bit too good, and i think maybe the shotguns do too much damage), hence the need for feedback and tweaking.

But thease sounds, they are your work i take it? if so, perhabs we should merge mods? that'd kick it up a notch :)

Upvote 0
its pretty infuriating how often this game crashes, to be honest.

YEp thats the truth... :mad:
I'm at Yantar at the moment, it seems to crash about a minute after my savegame. Just after defeating the zombies attacking the science encampment the first time you get there.

Straight to desktop, no report, nothing... anyone else got this?

Upvote 0
Alright, took a while to find where the bloody log actually was written :p

--
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 180
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ... clear sky\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_generic.script:322: attempt to index local 'npc' (a nil value)

stack trace:
--
Thats it.
I'm guessing "priquel" is a misspelling of "prequel" ? lol... :D

Anyway, it still crashes after removing any mods, and the mods I've used have been pretty minor. So I dont think it's that.

Upvote 0
It woulden't be a mod with that error, something in that script it referrs to is bugging out for whatever reason, something related to a squad script (it could be when it tries to load a new wave of zombies to attack, the first time you go there there's a bunch of attacks).

There's one thing you can try though, when i did that mission, after the first attack was over, for whatever reason, my FPS took a huge dive when new waves of zombies started comming (it went from a solid 35 fps to around 10 to 12 fps for some reason), so perhabs if your FPS is dropping too low the game messes itself, so you can try lowering your vid options considderably untill that mission is over, it might just work, maybe..

Upvote 0
Looks like they've really messed up this one, the official forums are full of these crashes. One guy might have found a solution though:
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t...thm_page=1&thm_id=16227&sec_id=18&offset=-120

Seems there's an issue with the scripts and nullpointers popping up everywhere, no check if objects are null, causing the massive CTDs... there's rumors of firings at the developer over this debacle.

Think I'll just leave the game be for a bit, let things sort themselves out...

-S

Upvote 0
I found that installing the 1.5.04 patch fixed a lot of CTD issues, especially in the swamps as that was as far as I got withot a CTD interrupting my play. Haven't gotten to Yantar yet though, as I'm taking my time and farming a bit of money :)

A weird thing happened though. On a fluke I decided to help the diggers attack that camp at the Garbage and after I took it the bandits turned from almost halfway friendly to fully hostile. I had a save before I accepted the camp mission though, so I decided to mess around a bit. I ended up killing the entire bandit base with the exception of Tooth, Limpid and Yoga as they mysteriously disappeared after the main door closed and opened several times.

I created a save after killing off their main base so I can mess around further once I complete the game. I also seemed to have made a time paradox as Borov was amongst my victims and he is supposed to die at the hand of Strelok, so, yeah. Go me.

Upvote 0
I hear this game has a bad case of the DRMs.

Yep, even the steam version has DRM. I change out hardware a lot so it won't take me long to hit the "5 activation limit" this game has. I'm already on my second activation. Why in the world do they have DRM on a steam game? I obviously bought the game since it's in my steam account.

http://techgage.com/news/stalker_clear_sky_features_5-time_activation_limit/

It's things like this that make paying gamers turn to piracy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for hoggin the thread at this moment, but I had to post this *awesome* review of Clear Sky:
http://www.1fort.com/blog/review-stalker-clear-sky/

:D

As I uninstall the game completely from my computer, I know my $35 have been well-spent. I’ve got a lot to think about. Most games work. Clear Sky doesn’t work… but it doesn’t work on so many levels.

Upvote 0