• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day of Defeat - Discussion thread

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
DoD:S Beta

dodsbetaiw8.jpg

Open or Closed Beta?

Is it any better?
Open to anyone who owns DoD:S.

It's definitely a lot better.

The game is now on the Orange Box engine = looks better and runs better(for me at least). Garand has less recoil which makes it actually lethal. And they fixed the CoF so weapons are now generally more accurate, deadly. There's also a new map called dod_palermo which is basically a licensed dod_salerno(famous custom map). And there are 52 achievements and death cam.

Upvote 0
LOL DODS, what a failure.
There are 5000(on top, but always at least 4000) players enjoying the game and having fun. How can it be a failure? Because it's not DoD 1.3? :rolleyes:
SiC-Disaster said:
Where do i find the link to activate this damn beta? Been looking around but cant find it.
You have to own DoDS. It should then be under 'not installed' games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it just me or am i not seeing any graphical improvements? That's one of the main thing this beta thing is supposed to do right?:confused:
It does look a bit better, maybe you didn't turn Motion Blur and Very High settings on. But if you played it the last time like a year ago you probably won't notice much of a difference. Main point of the update is to fix the cof and bring DoD:S to the OB-engine.

Upvote 0
There are 5000(on top, but always at least 4000) players enjoying the game and having fun. How can it be a failure? Because it's not DoD 1.3? :rolleyes:
Well down in my neck of the woods the majority of people have gone back to the older DoD and this stinker is played only by a small group of people.

I was a massive fan of the old DoD, I remember when source came out with like 4 maps and completely hamstrung gameplay I was like... huh? So was everyone else.

Upvote 0