• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quotes and battle pics

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Sorry for the vague title. I didn't quite know how to describe the subject of this post.

As you may or may not know, I have friends and family in harm's way across the big pond. This post is not meant to be a political statement, nor should it be grounds for a political debate. It is a collection of favorite quotes (mainly from US military officers) and pics from the battlefield from someone who is in battle with his comrades in arms.

I thought it might portray a little bit about a grunt's life. If the moderators deem it to be too political, by all means remove it. I'll respect that. Just don't turn this into a foreign policy debate.

One of my favorites:
"War is hell, but actual combat is a m-t--rf--k-r."
Colonel David Hackworth.

Enjoy.
http://www.team-rr.com/images/misc/these.pdf

Floyd

If the moderators deem it to be too political, by all means remove it. I'll respect that. Just don't turn this into a foreign policy debate.
I see nothing wrong with it, as long as everybody can keep it from turning into a foreign policy debate it will sure be interesting,
I will keep an eye on it though, just to make sure things don't get out of control.

Upvote 0
Yeah, some nice quotes and pictures there Floyd, thanks. A couple were really moving.

While I strongly believe that the US invasion of Iraq was unjustified and ill thought out, I still have the utmost respect for the soldiers who have to live through it. I think we cannot imagine what it's like being in a hostile country, where you never know what the enemy looks like or where or when he will strike, or what living like that does to a young person.

My quote of the moment:
I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity. -- Dwight David Eisenhower

Upvote 0
"At the sound of the first droning of the shells we rush back, in one part of our being, a thousand years. By the animal instinct that is awakened in us we are led and protected. It is not conscious; it is far quicker, much more sure, less fallible, than consciousness. . . . It is this other, this second sight in us, that has thrown us to the ground and saved us, without our knowing how. . . . We march up, moody or good-tempered soldiers

Upvote 0
"People sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to commit violence in their name"

That Orwell quote has to be one of the most infalible of all time, it is just so ultimatley true. I've quoted it to people before who try to express that we don't to have an Army or men prepared to fight, none have countered it.

Upvote 0