• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medal Of Honor: Airborne

I love this game. I can't comment on the PC version except for the demo, but theres a lot of nifty little tricks unique to the 360.

First, when you lean you can control how far you lean over, under, or to the side of an object by how much you tilt the left analog stick. It helps alot to avoid fire and keep cover.

Second, When you're sniping, you can squeeze the trigger for a more precise shot. It's pretty nifty, takes some getting used to, but also helps to nail headshots at long range.

Like some people above mentioned, it's pure fun arcade action game, with some light realism thrown in. I like the fact you can kick grenades back at people, and the metallic ping you get when you connect with a headshot is always satisfying.

Also, I'm pretty sure the exact leaning and squeezing the trigger when sniping is unique to the 360, because keyboards are not pressure sensitive. I wonder If you were to connect a 360 controller to the PC if it would work the same?

Upvote 0
:D:D:D:D

You are joking right? Sounds are lame, and it takes half a clip from SMG to take someone down. People survive being shot by Garand etc.

YEAH I KNOW it's not a "realism game" (no complaints here, I love COD etc) but how can anyone call MOHA weapons "powerful" is beyond me.
They FEEL powerful because the gun sounds and recoil feedback are awesome and make the guns feel very weighty. If it takes you half a clip to drop someone with the Thompson, you probably need to aim better. It's taken me no more than 3-4 shots, and that's if I'm shooting at their legs. I am also playing on Expert, though.

Upvote 0
The 12 player max is for the xbox version. There will be a pc dedicated server which should support more players (not sure how many but most guess 24).

If you read the AHZ review you will see that the devs were very keen to respond to the major flaws that the testers brought up which does give a glimpse of hope for future patches.

I think EA knows that they really cant push there luck anymore with crap sequals (especially to moh) without loosing a fook load of profit.

Duke, please get all the facts. The 12 player MAX is exactly what you get in the PC Listen Server at this time. For the PC MP Dedicated Server you MIGHT see 16 players - any more than that would surprise me. You MAY have some normal Dedicated Server functions for the PC. They were keen to respond but do you have anything in hand? Sure, the week of the 17th its all supposed to get better. Seeing is believing!

Everyone should read Rudedog's MP Summit Medal of Honor Airborne Review HERE - Dated 8/1/2007 - It's painfully truthful and says it like it is.

Just a few thoughts:
  1. Many disc's are reading as blank disc's and people are having to go back and get second copies.
  2. No lan capabilities
  3. No prone
  4. No movements while leaning
  5. No dedicated servers or basically no playable MP
  6. Can't change player name/no clan tags, therefore NO competition
  7. No clear instructions on how to set up listen servers and no server options
  8. 12 players max mp, 6 maps, 3 gametypes
  9. EA auto downloader not working for many/corrupt installs
EA's marketing team must get off the short bus to go to work.

Over a year ago they asked for suggestions and recommendations.. the response from the Admins and users was phenomenal.. did they use any of it?? NOPE!

I don't care what anyone says! I have heard enough about the labor pains for Airborne from Blackhat. We now have the baby and it, as far as the PC Multi-player is concerned, ain't breathing. It was born brain-dead!

$50.00 or more for something that has pretty graphics and lousy PC MP playability? I really and truly cannot tell anyone to go out and buy this THING. Especially in the pitiful state the PC MP is now, it sucks.

I'll stick with Tripwire & RO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
Just played the demo.

I also love the ragdolls, they feel very weighted, unlike in most games (looking at you, Bioshock). I was worried about UE3.0 ragdoll physics until this game. I also love how when you kill people they will stand/wobble for a second or two before falling over.

Not sure I agree entirely with that one - Yes on the whole the death animations seem quite good but in SP I've shot people with the .45 ( while moving up a stairwell for example) and they've suddenly and rather inexplicably taken off several feet into the air :eek:

And, with regards to the 'feel' of the weapons you mentioned, as you reach further missions, it does tend to feel like you have to empty entire clips of ammo from automatic weapons into enemies to get them to go down. Some of them can even withstand 4 or 5 bashes with an upgraded shotgun - which is just stupid really....

Upvote 0
nothing like unfounded criticism :D.

5. Is being adressed (already see dedi servers in browser but cant join as a different version)
6.Why do you need to have a tag to play a match? Surely you know the names of all your team (however an option to change name would be appreciated otherwise im spradu :D)
7. Listen servers wont be important in 1 week
8. Ive seen dedi servers with more than 12 slots. There is already a 4th gametype (s&d) in production and more maps to.

Am i saying its the best thing ever? No
Am i saying it deserves a fair showing without a unfair criticism? Yes

Upvote 0
Got it today. Finished Husky, now i'm at the escavation site.

Pro's:

- Weapon sounds (Especially the MG42)
- I kinda like the flow of the game, going from cover to cover and sprinting and stuff.
- The ironsight system works really well, it even leans over walls a bit when you want to watch over them.

Cons:

- Horrible (teammate) AI.
- Enemies sometimes spawn out of nowhere.
- The enemy chatter is ridiculousy cheesy and over the top.
- You can't really command your teammates, and/or you aren't beeing commanded yourself. Feels kinds like a fake teamwork game.

Upvote 0
RO is still the BEST!
I am so sick of this ****ing attitude around here. You can't have a discussion of any game without having to deal with these people who want every game to have every single feature of Red Orchestra.

I mean...I just love how these fanbois have nothing better to do than troll the Gaming forum and regardless of the game say "RO IS BETTER!$@!$!@$omhg!!!" or "GUNS ARENT REALISTIC LIKE TEH RO. RO IS FTW!!1ONEONE" or "Z.O.M.G.Z. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GAME HAS THE SPACE ROCKETS. THE ONLY REALISTIC ROCKETS WERE V2 ROCKETS. THEY NEED TO MAKE THE SPACE ROCKET SHIPS MORE LIKE V2 ROCKETS BECAUSE SPACE ROCKETS AREN'T REALISTIC".

I wish you people would shut the **** up and if you enjoy RO so much, please go play it and delete your forum accounts, you're truly annoying.

RO does some things well, but it's not exactly the most fun all of the time. Let other games be different, and let RO be RO. If you compare every game that is released to RO, you should just throw your DVD drive away and never buy another game that's ever released, because you have found your mecca of gaming.

Let people enjoy a game, and if you're going to not like it, at least hate it for being a terrible game, not because it has a crosshair that you can turn off (Please see the Armed Assault thread).

Get over yourselves, seriously...it's unfortunate that you guys ruin pretty much every topic and the name of RO.

Back to MoH:Airborne now...

Upvote 0
Dragon, nothing person mate but since the first thread on this game you've sounded like a diehard fanboi... Any criticism is met with instant resistance. It's getting a little scary. :-/

Dillinger, if you knew Mike's past experience with these sort of half-arsed game releases from certain other companies then perhaps you wouldn't have spewed the garbage you just did. No-one's saying this should be an RO clone, but when a game fails to have even the most basic of features then how can you justify that it's wonderful? No LAN support, no dedicated server support, 12 player MP on an engine designed primarily for large scale MP battles (thank the console market for that little gem), broken disks, buggy software - these are not trivial problems. The reason most of these games are compared to RO is *gasp* because we're on an RO forum. It's not a difficult stretch to make.

If something's lacking a swathe of features that became standard 5 years ago, then it deserves to be slammed. When it's EA releasing a half-finished product yet again with the intention of "patching it later", it becomes even more worthy of derision. They keep doing it and people keep letting them get away with it. It's not like they just dropped the ball here. They did that years ago. The ball's gone down the drain, through the stormwater system and now it's floating out to sea.

Upvote 0
Dragon, nothing person mate but since the first thread on this game you've sounded like a diehard fanboi... Any criticism is met with instant resistance. It's getting a little scary. :-/

I'm not a fanboi. I just use to defend the games I like from stupid unconstructive criticism. Then again that may mean that I am a fanboi but oh well I can live with that.

Upvote 0