• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Total War Game announced!

I'm currenty playing Rome and its mighty awesome. The tactical battles aren't as good as those in Kingdom under Fire but the extra depth from the turnbased strategy map makes it great.
I downloaded an "all factions mod" because I like barbarians better than romans and now that I can play them the game is even better.
I don't think I will be able to play the new one on my rig but if its anything like Rome it should be a great game.

Upvote 0
Naval combat? THIS MEANS TRAFALGAR! THE GLORIOUS FIRST OF JUNE! THE NILE! A little bit of man love spontaneously removed itself from my body in delight.

If they don't include the French Revolution and Napoleon in this game and put him in an expansion I will loose all the faith I have left in the Creative Assembly.

Upvote 0
IMO, MTW was the deepest Total War game, while Rome and M2TW have been shallow in comparison. No civil wars, no titles, no awesome artwork, no atmosphere, the list goes on and I've said this all before.

Shogun had Samurais and Ninjas and Geishas (sadly no memoirs of) to make up for the lack of depth. And your adviser, who thinks everyone should be whipped like dogs!

Upvote 0
I played Shogun Total War simply because it was a samurai game which you never see these days. I can't find it to buy anymore :S
Total War: Eras contains Shogun along with the expasion Mongol Invasion as well as Medieval 1 and Rome, both including all available expansions (that is one for MTW and two for RTW.

It's a definite must-have if any of these games are still missing in your collection.

Plus, it's rather cheap, too =)

Upvote 0
IMO, MTW was the deepest Total War game, while Rome and M2TW have been shallow in comparison. No civil wars, no titles, no awesome artwork, no atmosphere, the list goes on and I've said this all before.

Shogun had Samurais and Ninjas and Geishas (sadly no memoirs of) to make up for the lack of depth. And your adviser, who thinks everyone should be whipped like dogs!

Agree MTW was the high water mark. Stainless Steel mod for M2TW is very good though.

Upvote 0
I've got M2TW and RTW. Like 'em both, but I'm sorta pissed at the fact that I -still- can't play M2TW online, as they haven't released the effing patch for Direct2Drive chumps like me yet.

I will prolly have to get this new one though, just for the sake of the sea battles. I've wanted a decent sailing combat game since Age of Sail II failed to stay running for more than 10 minutes at a time ...

Upvote 0