• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Project Reality out tomorow!

(about revives) It promotes teamwork. Also, it makes the game more enjoyable. Sure, it may not be entirely ultra-realistic, but gameplay comes before ultra-realism.

I appreciate your comment. However, my hatred towards reviving is not so much because of realism (or the lack thereof) but **exactly** because of gameplay.

In other words, I think abso-fuqen-lutely every FPS on the planet - realistic or not - would be better without reviving, med-packs etc. I even like how R6 Vegas and COD2 are dealing with it - no medpacks, no revives, you either die, or survive and your health auto regenerates. Totally unrealistic, but very playable (considering the basic design principles behind those games).

BTW I wrote longish comments on 0.5, but at the end decided against posting it on BF2 mod board (primarily because I could not register under the name I wanted LOL :D ) Might as well post it here.

Upvote 0
I loved 0.4 and gave 0.5 a try today. In the very first map I played, there was a bug preventing "any" side from capping flags. After 10mins of confusion, I've joined another server. This time, as soon as the round began the server lagged horribly. It was impossible to aim and move, and people were very frustrated because of this.

Then, I closed the game and started waiting for the "serverside hotfix" :) It's a shame that 0.4 was a great experience for me, I hope it'll all be fixed with the fix.

Upvote 0
overall its good, but the player models (british, american etc) are pretty low poly, and some of the weapons too, that makes it all look kinda dull

There was a problem with the lightmaps on the British models - our modeller found the problem 5 minutes after v0.5 went public.

The US models are just the default ones.

The server side hotfix should be released this week.

Upvote 0
A bunch of us at CiA/CoR play it nightly... I managed to get 350 points as a sniper on that one map with the carrier/port/mosque. Eh, whatever. I shot the same person from about 500m 4 times, in a Cap Zone... hueg points. (a medic kept reviving him, but when he popped out of the shadow, I shot the dude again. kekeke ^_^

Your story exactly proves my point about reviving - same sh1t as in every BF game.... it's gamey and stupid and prone to abuse, it's neither tactical, nor realistic, nor challening nor fun (IMO). I certainly expected that *any* ambitious mod for BF would do away with revives pronto (sadly it didn't happen).

Upvote 0
I got too frustrated playing this mod. One of those things are the team messages. Because of them my teammates can't even tell if Im bleeding and need a patch up. Yesterday I ran through half of a city trying to find a medic. This particularily bad when playing from the non-English speaking factions. Next up are the weapons. Seems to me that the American weapons are just a tad bit more accurate than the rest of the weapons. The G3 is quite pathetic. I was prone and fighting an American and let off about 3 rounds at about 50 feet and yet he still managed to one shot me while standing and moving. Due to it being on BF2 I havent seen any new animations like leaning. Yet another thing I dont understand is how a bunch of guys can somehow manage to uncap a flag even when they are actively engaged by a guarding team.

Upvote 0
Well, many of the screw ups in the initial release of .5 are being fixed and a patch is due tomorrow:

[R-Dev]eggman said:
...there's a lil bit o' work left that I am doing today. will be releasing it to test later today just to make sure nothing fubar. all of the "complicated" changes have already been done and tested, just a few map tweaks we still need to test.

should still be out this week, tho looking like Thursday...

Upvote 0
it's no fun alone. get on teamspeak with5 or 6 other people and it's pure gold.

And riding the forklift IS AWESOME!!!!!!! (there's also dirtbikes)
Yeah, forklifts are just OMG awesome. Also, you can get the grappling hook with certain kits and that is just OMG fun.

This mod has some really realistic points and some really unrealistic points (Reviving, wrenches (Which now take a MUCH longer time to fix things fyi) and others) but in the end the amount of teamwork produced is outstanding. Get into a full 6 man squad, a leader with VOIP (And hopefully everyone else too) and you'll see what I mean. It's brilliant.

Tanking is also really nice. It's great to see tank shots going at their real velocity for a change :) and also they've got the super-awesome zoom. (Default X key)

My name on it is Mr.Whitlow incase y'see me.

Upvote 0
emotvcf7.gif

(yes, but this smiley is BETTAR than 4thena's)

Upvote 0
I was prone and fighting an American and let off about 3 rounds at about 50 feet and yet he still managed to one shot me while standing and moving.

IRL, shooting a target at 50 feet with a rifle while you're moving isn't all that hard.

All the rifles in that game are too weak. I put 3 rounds from an SVD into a Marine's chest before he expired. In no way should it take 3 7.62x54R to put someone face-down.

It's wrong enough putting a burst from an A4 into someone's chest and having 'em still shooting back. C'mon, I'd expect that from a 9mm or .45, but just barely. From anything centerfire rifle, though? Not a chance.

Upvote 0
Yeah, forklifts are just OMG awesome. Also, you can get the grappling hook with certain kits and that is just OMG fun.

This mod has some really realistic points and some really unrealistic points (Reviving, wrenches (Which now take a MUCH longer time to fix things fyi) and others) but in the end the amount of teamwork produced is outstanding. Get into a full 6 man squad, a leader with VOIP (And hopefully everyone else too) and you'll see what I mean. It's brilliant.

Tanking is also really nice. It's great to see tank shots going at their real velocity for a change :) and also they've got the super-awesome zoom. (Default X key)

My name on it is Mr.Whitlow incase y'see me.

This man is right, I was in his squad and everyone had a mic, he's a great squad leader, made my gaming experience very enjoyable.

Love the mod also

Upvote 0