This mutator brings the perks stats tracking back the way it were in KF 2.5 in Unreal Tournament 2004: All player stats are being tracked by the server individually.
Download from here
. (Version 7.00)
Download source code from here
. (Version 7.00)
: You are not allowed to use this mutator for selling stats (for money) on your server
. Also do not
edit ServerPerks.u nor ServerPerksP.u without
Upsides about this mutator:
- It allows server host to run any mutator/modification/map they ever want without having to whitelist them all.
- Server host can add/remove standard/custom perks (read tutorial from here).
- Clients can't cheat their stats in offline games then join the server with level 5 everything.
- Fixed some menu issues while at it.
- Added option for custom weapons on trader to add (this mutator does not work with the existing Custom shop mutator).
- Use custom skins (see how to create own from here).
- As an admin you can edit any players stats using consolecommand: Mutate EditStats
- Contains various bugfixes over default Killing Floor.
- You can setup custom HTML server news page, read more about that from here.
And downsides of this mutator:
- Clients will don't have their stats following from server to server (anything they do in that server will stay within that server)!
- Achievements aren't earned.
- Fixed another crash, added new weapons to defaults and a script warning with emotion icons loading to serverpackages.
- Added option for over shoulder F4 behindview.
- Added option for chat icons where specific tags in chat will be replaced with textures (as example:
etc). These can be configured in the ServerPerks.ini file.
- Synchronised perk bonuses with latest KF version including support for new weapons.
- Added a couple of exploit and security fixes.
How to use this mutator (eighter way):
- In mutators list, add "Server Veterancy Handler V6" to active mutators.
- Add to server startup commandline "?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut"
To add/remove perks, simply edit "ServerPerks.ini" and add/remove lines.
is an optional country tags texture file. You can use my country tags mutator
to give all players tags and this mutator will replace those tags with flag textures.
Server Perks Database (OPTIONAL)(Advanced users only!)
Download from here.
Download from here.
Same version but without any windows at all (needs to be shut down from task manager).
- Fixed a stat loading bug from earlier versions.
- Modified it to convert Linux SteamID's into Windows SteamID.
- Support long stat value string lines (REQUIRED since serverperks v5.00).
- Optimized code a bit and added a new option.
This is an application I wrote in C++ which basically works as a remote database for your perks stats. In order to use this you need:
- A dedicated server machine that's on Windows OS.
- Setup a Port and Password in Host.ini:
- Do the same on ServerPerksV4.ini (including set IP-address or DNS name of the host):
- Make sure you allow the application to access internet through Firewall and/or Router (open the desired port).
- IF you have any earlier stats on server, copy over ServerPerksStat.ini to same folder as ServerPerksHost.exe and launch the exe as: ServerPerksHost.exe ServerPerksStat.ini
This way it will convert to the new stats ini file. After this is done delete all ServerPerksStat.ini you have.
- Now simply launch up KillingFloor server as-well as ServerPerksHost.exe.
Using FTP protocol for database in ServerPerks v7
Make sure you assign these settings in ServerPerks.ini:
RemoteDatabaseURL=www.somedomain.com - URL address to FTP server.
RemotePassword=Pass - User password to access FTP server.
RemoteFTPUser=User - User name to access FTP server.
RemoteFTPDir= - Optional, leave empty if you want it to write stats in root folder, otherwise you can enter folder name there (but make sure that folder exist or system will fail).
bUseRemoteDatabase=True - MUST be enabled.
bUseFTPLink=True - Must also be enabled.
bDebugDatabase=False - Enable this if you have trouble on getting it functional (will print communication information on log and webadmin).
FTPKeepAliveSec=60 - How often server will ping the FTP server to keep connection alive.
Be sure you limit the FTP user account that server uses as much as possible, as it's not a secure connection server will use.
In other words, ideal settings are:
Max connections - ~10 (or more depending on how many servers will use this).
Idle timeout - 120 seconds.
Only allow client to read/write files.
If you want to upload onto FTP current stats saved on server, enable following setting on ServerPerks.ini: bUploadAllStats=True
. Then start game on solo and wait for it to finish uploading everything. I will add to ServerPerksHost application a way to convert Data.ini to ServerPerksStats.ini back again if you want to switch the host protocol of your server.
If there are any bugs, please report them here (or if you have any comments/suggestions)!