• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why american(?) paintjob?

No, not all forces had a star for their insignia. I was curious though and looked around online and it seems like a lot of the UC's did have a white star, despite most of them being British and Canadian. Other vehicles/tanks etc do not share the white star as far as I can see. Planes did not either, and the white star was pretty much an American forces symbol. Canada used a maple leaf, somtimes encircled by a white then blue circle. The British used the well known concentric circles. The Russians used a red star or a hammer and sickle.
So the white star on the UC in game seems to be accurate, not sure why though LOL

Every single british vechile had the white star if it was american made or not. American made shermans and jeeps had the white star. British made churchill and cromwell tanks also had the white star.

Upvote 0
LoL yes karazeee!!

If all of these were made in Canada with stars on by default, then the devs are 100% spot on! :)

If those were made in Canada, I hope they came with lumber, a hamburger, a poutine, a canadian flag and a 3 1/2 of weed :D :p

That would make the soviets very happy lol

OWWW NOES !!!! American Paint job :D :eek:

Upvote 0
i heard yanks themselves draw red stars instead of white ones on their aircobras
i wonder if russians should have their own marking on their tanks, transports and etc
p.s. its trivial but m3 would look better, they were in use even in late soviet movies acting as german halftracks

This isn't about anything but your sig.

What is japan doing in yer "allies" sig?

Upvote 0
This isn't about anything but your sig.

What is japan doing in yer "allies" sig?
I have a feeling since american isn't on there that it is an earlyish WW1 thing.

Ontopic: As has been said before, all the allied land vehicles late on in the war had white stars. Infact, I think even early on the UK used a white star, because I can't think what else we used. The red and blue circle thing is our airforce markings, but I don't THINK we used them on land vehicles.

Upvote 0