• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Highlander

Map Name: KF-Highlander
Playable: Yes
New Textures: Yes
New Models: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
New Music: No
New Mutators: No
Base: From AngelHeart's map, DM-Highlander
Whitelist: Not yet
Map Style: Wave based
Map Size: 25MB RAR, 52MB ROM

:UPDATED:

This map is a "remake" (TY DMN666) from DM-Highlander by AngelHeart, a Castle in the Highlands of Scotland. This is based on the Castle used in the movie Highlander, which is in fact The Eilean Donan Castle in Scotland. While the castle exterior closely resembles Eilean Donan, the interior rooms and passageways are indeed unique. AngelHeart made maps mainly for the sake of art which he excelled in beyond most map builders of that time, but not so much with gameplay in mind. The original map had 2 elevator systems inside the main building which I removed because the game engine AI simply can not handle elevator switches. The main building interior was rebuilt with stairs to get players to the top and also to continue to inner connect the original chapel room by AngelHeart. Map dead ends and areas of gameplay exploits I tried to eliminate the best I could. New sections of corridors and stairs were added throughout the map to allow better map flow and potential kiting routes.

Almost all assets (models and materials) are by AngelHeart except others I made myself.

- Dregs

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
MediaFire
Mirror

Last edited:
Map is a UT port.

Dregs, please allow me to apologize for this first post. It was really only an incomplete thought and nothing derogatory was intended. I was browsing the post and confess to not reading the entire narrative. I just had the thought that I recalled the map from UT and thought it would be a good map. I believe it is a very good candidate for a "remake". Best of luck with it.

Anyone who took the opportunity to drag down the discourse of the TW forums should also rethink their positions.

Upvote 0