• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lee-Enfield

I turth I would rather see the either a K98, or Mosin-nagant in the game than a Lee-Enfield. Not so much that I dislike the weapon, more that I think the five rounds of the other two rifle would distinguish them more than the Lee-Enfield that loads the same number of rounds as the level action(although the reload would be different). Of course the Lee-Enfield would fit the location infinitely better.

Regardless of which weapon, I would love to see a bolt-action in the game. Would feel a bit like a level action, but with slightly higher power(no scope). Also reloads with a clip as opposed to one round at a time. I think it would be a good addition to the SS perk. Maybe move the xbow up and get rid of the M14 if if it feeling crowed with weapons(then again might have no idea what I am talking about here).

Upvote 0
yeah i'm working on how to make it an interruptable reload, where each "load" is 5 rounds (per clip feedx2).

this weapons pack most likely will only be usable with serverperks, cause i really doubt it's gonna be whitelisted, so after i get everything working, i'll pass the source code along to you guys, so you can adjust/edit it to how you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, i wonder how crazy that guy's shot group is.

i can fire my arisaka t99 that fast, but i doubt i'd hit anything over 100m.

Firing like that with a bolt action is meant for closer range, where a rifle round center mass will generally incapacitate someone.

Though people are crazy with guns, I saw my instructor for my advanced handgun class shoot a quarter sized group at 25 yards with a pocket 9mm Kahr.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, i had a thompson 1928a1, i had purchased it before kahr bought the auto-ordnance name, so then when i needed replacement parts (firing pin always snapped at tip) kahr would send them, but they never worked, i always had to file down the sear engagement notch on any i got from kahr, and they looked like they were plasma cut from scrap steel.
plus they broke even faster than the ones that i would get before, which is kind of common due to the way the thompson had to be redesigned to comply with batf rules, versus before they were fired from open bolt.
the only kahr guns i care for are the t-series.
the tupperware ones are just way too fragile, always had to fix those at the range where i worked.

Upvote 0
Firing like that with a bolt action is meant for closer range, where a rifle round center mass will generally incapacitate someone.

Though people are crazy with guns, I saw my instructor for my advanced handgun class shoot a quarter sized group at 25 yards with a pocket 9mm Kahr.

Just watch some videos of hickock45 shooting his 230 yard range with a 1911 .45 acp and hitting a 30" some gong.

Upvote 0
Just watch some videos of hickock45 shooting his 230 yard range with a 1911 .45 acp and hitting a 30" some gong.

Yeah, he did 70 yards with a Glock 27. I doubt he was shooting at 230 with .45, considering the .45 is alot slower than .40, I've never really tried long distance handgun shooting, but for 9mm at 100 I was told put the base of the front sight at the top of the notch in the rear, and it should hit pretty close to where you aim. Dude is crazy good though. I can draw from concealment and put 2 rounds of 9mm on an index card from 10 yards in 1.5s, and I consider myself average as far as pistol shooters go. That's more than good enough for a crackhead or mugger, though.

As far as Kahr goes, I heard their quality has really gone downhill in the last 5 years or so, they also always seemed a bit overpriced to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
u want a scope on that?
Both ;]
I do like to be able to see the barrel and iron sights when I am shooting.
well, here's these two:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/jasongregg/game screenshots/enfields.jpg
i have been thinking about how to toggle between iron sights/scope in kf, for some other guns i have modded, but not sure how intense that would be too code (ie: HARD)

but gimme some time and i'll throw out a quick mut so you can use these.
I appreciate the effort, but, Mk.III is what I like ;]
A bit slower you say?
Very few people are trained to fire it at that speed ;]
I'd buy it as dlc. levels sharpshooter and berserker at the same time...(with the bayo) delicious.
Tripwire is one of few companies I feel alright with buying DLC from.
I would actually pay for this weapon, definitely.

I sort of gave up hope though.

Upvote 0
Considering Braindead already has made a scoped bolt action rifle (search for Hunting Rifle, it's WHITELISTED, meaning you can level and everything with it!), i think the Lee Enfield would feel a little... weird to balance. (But it is a British weapon, which is great)

If anything, I'd say the SVT-40 would be a bit better, and easier to balance. It's a russian semiautomatic rifle which can be reloaded with either 5-round stripper clips or the whole magazine (stripper clips would be better for balance i guess?) and also can attach a bayonet. It'd be a better "in between" rifle of the LAR and the M14. Slower than M14, but stronger per bullet. Faster than LAR, but weaker per bullet. It could also be even more different than those 2 by (beyond the bayonet) having a quite high penetration effect.

That, while the Hunting Rifle right now is the perfect "in between" rifle of LAR and Xbow. Slower than LAR, but stronger per bullet. Faster than Xbow, but weaker per bullet.

The Lee Enfield though, where would that be, in between the Hunting Rifle and LAR?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok so i basically finished the enfield and scoped enfield.
i'll upload it when i get somewhere with broadband internet.
pics:
Shot00166.jpg

Shot00170.jpg

Shot00172.jpg

Shot00169.jpg

for the scoped enfield i just used twi's leaked nagant models/animation and changed it to an enfield, so it's kind of wonky, but was easier to do than the non-scope enfield.
the non-scoped enfield has a bayonet, to stab things that get too close, and it will only reload when there are 5 or less rounds in mag.

i'll add all those other guns intermittently, i'll try to keep it all in one file.

so after i upload this version, you can either use customtradershop, or add them to a perk in perserverperks (i made a rifleman class for them in mine)
open up the ucl to see what the pickups are named.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your last post makes me wonder why we don't see weapon melee in KF. KF is pretty much the only game I play any more that doesn't have it. Games feel unfinished without it, it is a lifesaver and should be in every shooter. Getting to the point where it is such a basic thing, that I won't even play a shooter that doesn't have it, other than stalker and metro 2033.

Upvote 0
Your last post makes me wonder why we don't see weapon melee in KF. KF is pretty much the only game I play any more that doesn't have it. Games feel unfinished without it, it is a lifesaver and should be in every shooter. Getting to the point where it is such a basic thing, that I won't even play a shooter that doesn't have it, other than stalker and metro 2033.

I think it'd be kinda cheap in a game like KF. I mean look how it is in games like L4D. If it could be implemented well enough, then good.

Upvote 0