• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
yeah, you can't take it away... people did "but it"...but you can limit the darn thing. Danzig was one thing. there were only 4 Mp-44's in the map at one time (unless somebody grabbed one from a dead person) and furthermore...it was late war. It's not like it's that hard to fight against it...but it makes a hard pressed russian side that much more pressed

Upvote 0
The MP44 also had sway and recoil, I loved the weapons in RO, but the best way to fire the sucker was lying down, to me it was more of an automatic bolt, not a sub-machine-gun/automatic rifle. So in close it was not as good as the ppsh

I warned you guys the direction tripwire was heading without sway and recoil, now with automatic rifles for everyone. Immersion is killed. As for realism everyone's realism is different.

There should not be classes, only ranks and then a random push out of weapons to all. That be more like the army here you go, have a mg. I don't want an mg. Tough luck son, your a fatty and we need to work of those kilos.

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
You guys have to also realize that it's newly available, so those who have access to it are eager to try it out. This could inflate the numbers, in terms of how many people are using it. Let's see how often it's used after the novelty of trying it for the first time has worn off.

Yea...heroine was a novelty at one point as well.

Basically you are saying "People won't drive a Lamborghini once they get used to it"

Upvote 0
Yea...heroine was a novelty at one point as well.

Basically you are saying "People won't drive a Lamborghini once they get used to it"

yep, wont happen. I even used it when i could, because it owned bolts every single time. Missed the first shot? While you bolt i can spray 20 more, and see if i get you. Long distance? no prob! alt fire and were gtg.

Upvote 0
I would expect TWI to have at least a bit of respect to authenticity. They chose the WORST POSSIBLE WAY to address DDE beta unlocks not working.

Seriously wasn't these going to be Hero weapons? Isn't this game about getting to Hero levels and being able to play with goodies like Mkb42 and AVT40?

What the hell TWI? Do not make me regret supporting you for all these years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire promised that rare weapons would be rare.

Most of us who were willing to give you the concession of accepting the doubtfully realistic incursion of the MKB which is a weapon that had extremely slim chances of being in the actual battle if any chances at all, based on the promise that those weapons would be as you said: "RARE".

Now when I play it feels like I'm playing in a crazily modified servers where everyone has rare weapons... but no, they are standard servers, even in realism mode servers.

Reactions: Leto Atreides
Upvote 0
Tripwire promised that rare weapons would be rare.

If they did say that, we need to find that, and show it to them. Then show them the servers with 15 mkbs running around.

Should shake them up a little.

Dont get me wrong, the game is 10 kinds of amazing, but its going into this grey indecisive pool of sludge where it doesnt know what genre to be.

Upvote 0
I find it very cool that TWI includes this weapon, aswel as AVT-40, but both of these rifles needs to be limited severly, the Germans are indeed, bulldozing the russians on every map, because of MP40 and MG34 superiority.

K98 vs mosin is fine
G41 vs SVT-40 is fine
But MP40>EVERYTHING even on range the MP40 easily wtfpwns everything. And the PPSH is awefull...just AWEFULL
MG34 vs DP28 is slightly in favor of the MG34. Give the DP28 some less recoil

But when the MKb42 comes, well, the Russians are simply done playing.

Upvote 0
They already made me regret supporting them and spreading the word.

Yeah, looking back at older posts before the game was released when arguing about unlocks and "hero" weapons...

The thing existed before the battle so there is no reason why it couldn't have been there.

And lol @ the comments about everyone running with x weapon or y weapon. It has been already stated many times that rare things will also be rare in game.

This one is from SheepDip, couldn't quote it because my thread got locked back in July of this year-

There will only be 1-2 members of each 32 man team who will have access to the "hero" weapons. It doesn't matter if everyone will flock to it - it won't be available for any but a few (if they are enabled and said person is thus qualified as a hero).

Same thread, from Falkenhorst
What many of you fail to realize is there is only going to be ONE available. There is only ONE person who will be able to use it at any given time. So out of 64 players, ONE will be armed with an MKb42.

ONE!!!

Secondly, as it's a hero weapon you won't see any heroes for at least the first month. Even then few people will attain that rank as quickly. You are not going to see heroes armed with scoped MKb42's in every server on day one of release.

That's just mainly stuff from my thread about realism... I find it a bit amusing, (no offense whats so ever to those I quoted) I don't think I've quite lost faith in TW to fix this problem... I'm definitely discouraged by this, but I think they'll fix it in good time.

Upvote 0
Well, they promised they would be rare, and we fell for it.

Is not nice to abuse the trust of your community.

Agreed, that's what put some of the arguing to rest. I think that they'll see the overwhelming complaints and or realize it isn't a great idea and help us out with the hero weapons and this unlocking system. Just wish they would have had their "ducks in a row" if you know what I mean.

Upvote 0
All of the complaints could be adressed with a change in the class sytem as i propsed in my thread here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64360

Please vote and comment for the sake of our RO2 game :) currently with every SL, Commander, Assault all getting the 'rare' guns it is a silly situation

It is repeated here:

German:
Platoon Leader/Zugf

Reactions: theta123
Upvote 0