• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

I have not, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether you have. We all know of the optimization issues still plaguing many users (though I myself have been lucky enough to have it run fairly well) that seems to be the major source anger on the boards.

Battlefield Bad Company 2, Made by EA/DICE, one of the biggest names in gaming, has been out on the market for a year. I have NEVER been able to play the game for more than half an hour before the game causes a lockup requiring a hard reset.

I paid twice as much and I STILL can't play that game on the SAME computer that RO2 Beta worked fine on.

So I don't believe a single word you said. This is far from the buggiest game release ever, it isn't even the buggiest game release in the last year, and it is being made by one of the smallest and newest gaming companies on the planet.

RO2 was made with a fraction of the resources of BFBC2, but RO2 ACTUALLY WORKS.

So take these bull**** complaints somewhere else. Either you are lying, or you have never bought a game before. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
World of Warcraft had it even worse.

How very true. They have gotten better over the years. But even patch releases had broken the game before. I remember back before any of the expansions, the game would be down for few days after the release of a major patch.

Like I said though, they've gotten better over the years and the days of down time is only additional hours of maintenance.

Most releases have their issues, because a company cannot truly test every single variable that their clientele setups.

Upvote 0
Borderlands: basis of gameplay was coop. Didn't work for a massive proportion of the player base for around 6 months till they patched it.
Edit: Sorry I forgot how DRM on the DLCs is still corrupting players saves.

Fallout 3/new vegas: Massive bugs that cause random game crashes, for some very frequently(note that a lot of the issues were inherent with the oblivion engine but for some reason were ignored after years had passed) Game breaking glitches in quest AI. most of which has not been resolved at all.

Modern Warfare 2: Major issues with matchmaking causing players to be unable to join games at all or have to repeatedly retry. Host quitting mid game causing all players to be disconnected as opposed to passing the hosting on to the next most suitable player.

Bad Company 2: Random disconnects for lots of players still present. Major server issues for at least the first week of release rendering the game mostly unplayable.

Any questions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0