• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics What am I doing wrong here?

DeltaElite121

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
I'm new to RO, but not new to this kind of game. I've been using the MG34, and I'm confused why it's seemingly so lacking. I don't expect it to be a 1-hit kill, but I'm having to nail people a BUNCH of times to kill them. Seems like hit detection issues more than anything. Is this a true assumption? My shots are accurate, and I'm only bursting 3-5 bullets at a time to keep the recoil down and accuracy steady. Seems pointless when I can use a bolt-action and 1 hit kill everyone. My ping was 55 also, so my connection didn't seem to be bad. What gives?

Upvote 0
Usually that's just a sign of high Ping.

Otherwise i'd advice to keep spraying, short bursts aren't that effective on most maps, so just keep pounding them untill it stops moving.

Spraying does absolutely nothing for hitting them, especially if they're moving. My ping at it's worst is around 85. I average less than that - even with all the issues everyone is having. I SHOULD be able to burst 3-6 bullets at a time and kill someone with it. I'm generally forced to shoot in semi-auto because bursting is worthless unless they are 1-60 meters away.. otherwise it's a huge waste of bullets, and asking to get killed while reloading.

Upvote 0