• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Update broke servers?

Hi!

Actually, you're probably using TCadmin, and your host probably has the starting map in the command line. The map is probably calling apartments, and since that map has been removed, it's probably failing to start. Check your commandline if you have access to it, and check your ini file.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok some tips

in the startup command file of the HLDS update tool bat file or whatever add the -retry -verify_all tags. That way your server will always check whether all files are ok and not corrupted.

Secondly.
With the update the maps got changed, so make sure that in your bat file to start the server you actually pick on of the new maps like TE-Barracks rather than TE-Appartments.

Upvote 0
read my post
Gameservers.com does not give you access to the command line, zets. You have to put in a support ticket requesting a change.

Nor do they give you access to the switches for HLDSUpdatetool.exe

I've alerted them to change the command line and they just tell me that a lot of servers are having trouble and to wait??? Kind of a slap in the face, imo.

Nuclear Fallout had our Dallas 64 man server up within minutes and it was packed. (Need a reserved slots mutator, ASAP :cool: )

Upvote 0
Gameservers.com does not give you access to the command line, zets. You have to put in a support ticket requesting a change.

Afaik last time I used them you had a sort of widget for the servers own commandline.

And with gameservers you can always click to get a 100% clean install if you think that the game got corrupted :F. (just backup your inis from the ftp).

Upvote 0