• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I registered to say this

KoMbAt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
First off I am a long time RO player, way back since 2006. I love the mechanics of the game, and RO2 for the most part has improved on every single thing from the first RO. I have some suggestions which would be easy fixes to make the game a little more fluid.

The first suggestion has to do with reloading.

1: Reloading should not cease when going prone to take cover. Reloading should also not cease when the character begins to go into a sprint. I would add a speed not quite as fast as a sprint for the character if he begins to sprint while reloading. It can become irritating to suddenly realize your gun didn't reload because you didn't time it perfectly with sprinting to the next cover.

2. I love the new feel to crawling, and how rigid it is; however, when parallel against a wall looking forward it becomes impossible to turn past 45 degrees. I had an enemy rush by me while laying down and I tried to turn and shoot him but ended up being stuck in a weird way against the wall. The human body is flexible and able to look more like 60 degrees back from an angle. This is one solution another could be to have the character automatically go from prone to crouching when turning so far back.

3. The tanks need a lot of work, you need to make it more like the original RO. There are too many positions, by myself inside a tank felt like i was getting lost. Change it back to 1 driver, 2 commander, 3 MG gunner. Having all those positions is flat out ridiculous.

4. The last thing I will write right now is more of preference. Though it is a different type of FPS, the sound bytes from Battlefield Bad Company 2 are simply amazing and immersive. War is a loud thing, deafening in fact, ear bleeding I would even say. You need a ringing noise that should accompany all large weapons. I know some of your developers have fired WW2 era weapons before and they are LOUD. If a tank fires anywhere near you, you should be ringing. Same goes for any of the LMGs/HMG. I'm not sure how they do it in Bad Company but I would look towards it for inspiration. They only soundbyte that I would say is flat out terrible is the MG sound coming out of the tank. I hope to death it will be replaced for the full version.

Now for my praise, I love your game keep up the good work. I am only trying to help you perfect your masterpiece so it can be enjoyed just as long as the last one. I still play RO after so many years and will continue playing your games. Great job :IS2: :D

Reactions: Fenix611
1: Reloading should not cease when going prone to take cover. Reloading should also not cease when the character begins to go into a sprint. I would add a speed not quite as fast as a sprint for the character if he begins to sprint while reloading. It can become irritating to suddenly realize your gun didn't reload because you didn't time it perfectly with sprinting to the next cover.

this doesnt even make any sense, how can you reload while sprinting?

When you sprint your throw your arms side to side. Go outside, sprint for about a 50m and trying performing a task with your hands.

Upvote 0
That is why I said add a speed not quite as fast where both the runner's hands are down. Reloading most of these weapons are not so difficult, even the bangolier rifles.

What if you want to run away from a grenade rather than reloading. I'd go as fast as I can rather than bothering to reload with a nade ticking off next to me.

If anything more things should interrupt reloads.

Using melee
Changing weapon
pressing the fire/ironsight button.

Upvote 0