• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are the chances of RO2 including unconfirmed weapons?

non-ranked will have them available at start anyway

Source?

Last i heard, Ramm was saying there was no way for people to play with equipment that they haven't unlocked first on the ranked servers, that servers can set a max allowed level, but not force it.

If that plan has changed, i'd love to see where that was said, because that'd take a huge load off my mind..

Upvote 0
I thought they said non-ranked would have server settings for weapons. So that it is all up to the server what weapons are available.

I will look it up, maybe I just misinterpreted a phrase or remembered it wrong.

Edit:
Aside form not finding it. I did find a thread Zetsumei started about class loadouts in maps.
This post is kind of confusing but I interpret the same as I posted earlier.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=762123&postcount=4

However I didn't found an exact definition of 'class ranks' though:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought they said non-ranked would have server settings for weapons. So that it is all up to the server what weapons are available.

I will look it up, maybe I just misinterpreted a phrase or remembered it wrong.

Edit:
Aside form not finding it. I did find a thread Zetsumei started about class loadouts in maps.
This post is kind of confusing but I interpret the same as I posted earlier.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=762123&postcount=4http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=762123&postcount=4

However I didn't found an exact definition of 'class ranks' though:(

No, what they have said is that servers will be able to restrict levels, IE if we assume every class has 3 levels avalible to them, you can set the server to a max of level 2, so nobody can use the level 3 stuff on the server.

However, if you are only at level 1, you only get level 1 stuff, the server may allow level 2 stuff, but only to thouse who have unlocked it on the ranked servers, if you haven't, you will be left with the level 1 stuff.

That is what Ramm has been saying ever since that competitive podcast, and he's said it again atleast 2 times since then.

Now i really do hope that has changed, because if it hasen't, it basically makes unranked servers undesireable, as we can't earn rank whilst playing on them, and we will be at a disadvantage to players who have ranked up if we want to play there.

So to stay competitive, even on unranked servers, it basically makes playing on the ranked servers first mandatory, and we've been told some of thease unlocks will take hundreds of houers to unlock (500 houers for the hero class, i think was mentioned), that is not only a long time for players to deal with before they are ranked up enough to be competitive, but what of the servers? If we all have to play ranked first to collect the stuff we need, then who's going to be populating the unranked servers? And will they still be around when we're fully loaded with ranks, or will they have died off because the admins saw no traffic on them?

Also, we still don't know exactly how things can be disabled, is it per team? Or per class only? IE, if i want to allow the Russian SMG class to have the drum mags and select-fire, does that mean the German team automatically gets the MP-40/II prototype aswell? Or can the two be given sepperate max-ranks?

EDIT: And mind you, i would love to be proven wrong about all of this, if someone could show me a Dev quote that confirms that servers can force loadouts, and can do it asymmetrically, that would make me very happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of religion argument. "You can't prove he doesn't exist!"
Millions of pictures will not prove that it wasn't there.
One picture of it being there, does do the opposite.

The discussion previously concluded that TWI wants guns in the game if they could have been there, nevertheless how unlikely.
Nobody proved it was there, but TWI's 'philosophy' supports the inclusion of the Mkb42.

I agree that it has been discussed to the death and I don't want to continue that. My previous post was a bit superficial, but that was exactly because it has been discussed so much.

I totally agree with an inclusion of the MG42 btw. Supported by more than the Mkb42 and fits even more in TWI's philosophy;)

I only have 1 more thing to add about this issue of include the Mkb42 and not include the MG42....

I thought that TW philosophy was something in the lines of:
"Let's make it as much realistic and accurate as possible"
Guess i was wrong and i feel just a little bit disappointed with TW about this subject.

I really believe that the Mkb42 should be blocked in RO2HoS as for the Stalingrad battle goes and the MG42 should be included.
I say blocked and not replaced because...actually there could be a good justification to have it there...a expansion pack made by TW about the KURSK BATTLE as an aftermath of Stalingrad ...

*THAT* not only would justify it's presence but would be an awesome expansion pack .

PS: ...and there it goes my rep going in the direction of banning in the best Soviet style , LOL !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I only have 1 more thing to add about this issue of include the Mkb42 and not include the MG42....

Guess i was wrong and i feel just a little bit disappointed with TW about this subject.

I really believe that the Mkb42 should be blocked in RO2HoS as for the Stalingrad battle goes and the MG42 should be included.
I say blocked and not replaced because...actually there could be a good justification to have it there...a expansion pack made by TW about the KURSK BATTLE as an aftermath of Stalingrad ...

*THAT* not only would justify it's presence but would be an awesome expansion pack .

PS: ...and there it goes my rep going in the direction of banning in the best Soviet style , LOL !

Read here m8 about rifle...
http://world.guns.ru/assault/de/mkb42-h-e.html
or
http://world.guns.ru/assault/de/mkb42-w-e.html

They say:
"The first weapons were issued to front line unitson the Eastern front by the mid-1942, and the low-rate mass productionbegan in late 1942. A total of about 10,000 MKb.42(H) were produced forthe German Army before its production was ceased in favour of an improved design, the MP-43 / Stg.44."

So rifle was rare like in RO2 too. Do u see, u are only one who want blocking(deleting) this assault rifle? Please...

About MG42 i agree. In my view should be in game. Someone like to be MG class. It would be nice to have the possibility of more weapons like other classes...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hope the Stug III gets added at some point. I've always loved Stugs... they just look badass.

That said only a few were at Stalingrad I believe but still, if they expand out which they doubtless will eventually I'd love to see it.

Tbh, I can't see them not including the Stug at some point as it was heavily used, especially in the early days of the battle.

Upvote 0

Aside from the Kursk expansion pack, which would be awesome.

TWI states 'streamlined realism'. What it means nobody knows, but iirc they want historical accuracy and realism, while still keeping it fun.
That's why it was no ARMA mod:D

Upvote 0
Read here m8 about rifle...
[url]http://world.guns.ru/assault/de/mkb42-h-e.html[/URL]
or
[url]http://world.guns.ru/assault/de/mkb42-w-e.html[/URL]

They say:
"The first weapons were issued to front line unitson the Eastern front by the mid-1942, and the low-rate mass productionbegan in late 1942. A total of about 10,000 MKb.42(H) were produced forthe German Army before its production was ceased in favour of an improved design, the MP-43 / Stg.44."

So rifle was rare like in RO2 too. Do u see, u are only one who want blocking(deleting) this assault rifle? Please...

About MG42 i agree. In my view should be in game. Someone like to be MG class. It would be nice to have the possibility of more weapons like other classes...

OMG !!!

Let's not go down that road again !!! By Stalingrad time battle there was only 500 made or so and ALL them send to shooting range tests !!!

Let's not even talk about production of the holsters for magazines, etc. there are GERMAN documents showing how long actually these things take to be fully operational in real world !!!

I repeat, that was discussed ad nausea in a specific thread with several documents showing how slow a new weapon enters in service in real world !!!

I bet that there were truly available by Kursk and slightly sooner BUT NOT in Stalingrad !!!

Do you want the link with the thread or can you find it by yourself ?!?

Stop beating a dead horse !!!

TW wanted it in the game, many if not the majority of potential players want it in game, it's DONE, you have it....but don't tell me that it was indeed in real battle of Stalingrad because all documents say otherwise !!!

Upvote 0
Aside from the Kursk expansion pack, which would be awesome.

TWI states 'streamlined realism'. What it means nobody knows, but iirc they want historical accuracy and realism, while still keeping it fun.
That's why it was no ARMA mod:D

That's a completely different issue and i guess that i understand what they mean with that and fully agree with TW on that.

It's more related with no need to make long travels to frontline and a series of other things like in ArmA that can be realistic but that are EXTREMELY boring and some other stuff that could be considered realistic but are a PITA in a game....it's NOTHING to do with select weapon A or weapon B to be used in a game.

Upvote 0
That's a completely different issue and i guess that i understand what they mean with that and fully agree with TW on that.

It's more related with no need to make long travels to frontline and a series of other things like in ArmA that can be realistic but that are EXTREMELY boring and some other stuff that could be considered realistic but are a PITA in a game....it's NOTHING to do with select weapon A or weapon B to be used in a game.

And I completely agree with you;)
The inclusion of rare weapons is sort of a subgroup under the 'keeping it fun'. It was more of a FYI and not a 'but see here...':)

They are using the 'costs/profits balance' or whatever it's called in english. So if Mkb42 brings a lot of fun, but is slightly awkward to include, they include it. Vice versa is the jamming, historical accurate but less fun for a lot of people.

In the end I think we can conclude we do agree with eachother. It's a weird choice, but they have their reasons:cool:

Upvote 0