• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Losing connection with Tripwire games

Hi guys,

Maybe it's to early to ask but i wanna know for sure. I have alot of problems with Tripwire games. I have Killing Floor en RO1 and every time i join a server, ten seconds later i lose connection and everyone is running against a wall or not responding.

My internet turns off entirely and none of the site's or steam is responding. Need to wait for a few seconds, then internet is online again.

Then i need to get back to the game, open console and typ reconnect. Then i need to press f10 and open te console again and typ reconnect.

This is the only way to connect to a server in Killing Floor and RO 1. Now im really a big fan of these games and can't wait for RO2.

But my worries is that this will happen in RO2, and hopefully the console will still be in the game, or els i cant play RO2 online. I have already a new modem, and still nothing.

I have an Thompson SpeedTouch 780, and turns off when i want to play Ro1 or Killing Floor. I never found a good fix for this, and pay already for an new Modem. Is there any fix, i want to make sure that i can play RO2 just perfect.

It seems unlikely the problem is with the game, probably something your end doesn't like it.

But no one could tell you if this will happen with ro2 since i don't think this is a widely encountered problem otherwise there would have been a fix by now.

Have you tried a different modem yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Maybe it's to early to ask but i wanna know for sure. I have alot of problems with Tripwire games. I have Killing Floor en RO1 and every time i join a server, ten seconds later i lose connection and everyone is running against a wall or not responding.

My internet turns off entirely and none of the site's or steam is responding. Need to wait for a few seconds, then internet is online again.

Then i need to get back to the game, open console and typ reconnect. Then i need to press f10 and open te console again and typ reconnect.

This is the only way to connect to a server in Killing Floor and RO 1. Now im really a big fan of these games and can't wait for RO2.

But my worries is that this will happen in RO2, and hopefully the console will still be in the game, or els i cant play RO2 online. I have already a new modem, and still nothing.

I have an Thompson SpeedTouch 780, and turns off when i want to play Ro1 or Killing Floor. I never found a good fix for this, and pay already for an new Modem. Is there any fix, i want to make sure that i can play RO2 just perfect.

What are your system specs? This use to happen to me when my system was crappy.

Upvote 0
@LegTaste, Yes i have another modem and still the same problem.

@Zetsumei, Yes i try those fixes, without any succes.

@Leo4444, I have an desktop pc and a gaming laptop. Both are giving the same problems.

Laptop:
I5 430m
GTS360m
4 GB 1333MHZ
Internet: Wireless/Wired (can use both)

Desktop:
AMD Phenom 2 965 (4x 3,4ghz) Black edition
XFX HD 6850 1g black edition
4gb 1600mhz
Internet: Only wired

I don't know why it is moved, i started long time ago an topic about this in Killing Floor support. Now months later, im finish with the console reconnect. I have this in every Tripwire MP game, why would it be any different in RO2? I just hope they not removed the console. I played alot other games like Arma 2 without any problems at all.

After months, im finish with this. I already orderd new modems without any succes. I try different computer, i try RO1 and Killing Floor at an friends home, and it works perfect.

I just wanna make sure this isnt happening again in RO2, that's why i started this in RO2 support topic, but they moved it to Killing Floor.

There is nothing worng about starting a topic about problems with connection in Tripwire games, for an upcomming game from Tripwire.

Upvote 0
The reason is because Thomson routers have a flaw in them which makes them break a minute after refreshing the server list in every Steam game that uses Valve's master servers. Was your new modem / router also a Thomson?

Following the instructions in the link Zets provided should work, but to be sure go here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1452-HCVB-6984 and follow the instructions in the grey box.

Upvote 0
I try that fix many time's,

Here is an old topic, i started months ago.
Nobody ever reply to it.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46459[/URL]

Look at the date, since then i use all those fixes in every possible way. Never had any problems with Valve games, or server list refreshing.

The problems only start's while ingame, like 10-60 sec after loading ingame, with no warnings or errors.

And if you read my old post, you will notice that i used those fixes before!

And yes before was also an Thomson, they send me only those Thomsons.

Upvote 0
Well unfortunately if you aren't able to telnet into the router, or complain and get a different brand, and if you are sure that you are replacing the files correctly, then there's not much else I can do to help. Last night I helped out two people with Thomson routers and following the instructions on the Steam support page fixed their issues.

Upvote 0
Well i was afraid of this, nobody has an solution or fix for me.
Maybe there was some new fixes or solution afters months, well i was hoping for it. But they are still the same, and doesnt work for me.

Im going to contact my internet company again. But i know what answers are & what they are going to say "Everything looks fine, there is nothing wrong, we will send you a new Thomson".

Its the modem, im 100% sure of it. I know what the problem is, but i cant do nothing.

Im going to ask 1 more time for another modem, and if they dont send me another modem.... Well im already searching for another internet company.

Well, thank you guys for your help and time!

Last edited:
Upvote 0