• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] The "What Are You Listening To Right Now" Thread

Excellent. First time I like a black metal band (I usually need melody in music). Thanks for posting.

Europe really is the best source of metal these days.

That's not BM, it's folk, although it does have strong BM influences. ;)

And yes, I pretty much dislike most US metal. They still all sound like thrash metal, which is the only form of (real) metal I really really REALLY hate.

Upvote 0
Do we really need two threads dammit ;p

Do we really need two threads dammit ;p

That's not BM, it's folk, although it does have strong BM influences. ;)

And yes, I pretty much dislike most US metal. They still all sound like thrash metal, which is the only form of (real) metal I really really REALLY hate.

You mean folk metal. Folk is what Bob Dylan plays. :D

I'd say it's a mix between folk metal and melodic death metal. The screaming vocals and blast beats are definitely BM-like, whereas the overall music is very melodic and folksy. It's not worth it to get all hung up on labels, though.

Definitely one of the better bands I've discovered this year. They sound epic.

I like good thrash. :IS2:

Here's some Dutch folk metal called Heidevolk. They sing about ancient Gelderland, one of the Dutch provinces.

YouTube - Vulgaris Magistralis - Heidevolk

YouTube - HEIDEVOLK - Nehalennia (Official)

YouTube - Heidevolk - Wodan Heerst

Upvote 0
Have to say, that clip Nehalennia has some AWESOME beards :cool:
Though it surprises me you dont know their song Koning Radboud, about the Frisian king who refused to be baptised by the Christians because it would mean he wouldnt join his ancestors when he died.
He'd rather go to hell with his ancestors than go to Heaven alone, which is awesome :p

YouTube - Heidevolk - Koning Radboud

As for me, i just listened to The Weary Kind by Ryan Bingham :)
YouTube - CRAZY HEART - Ryan Bingham Performs The Weary Kind

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
that entire moonsorrow album is blackened viking metal.(yes viking metal exists, its what bathory (for a while), einherjer and moonsorrow play)

Black metal usually is fairly melodic. Definitely more so than death metal.

Also how can you hate thrash but like black metal? I mean i dislike metallica and several other big names as well but a lot of thrash is basically proto black metal.

bolt thrower ****ing rules.

YouTube - Krallice - Wretched Wisdom

Upvote 0
been blasting this album most of the afternoon at school, still trying to figure out how to play the song

Detune guitar strings, turn volume up to 10 on guitar, turn gain up to 11 on amplifier, flail away on strings and growl uncontrollably into distorted mic. :p

I've been tripping on acid with this little gem....
YouTube - Bobby Goldsboro - Honey

Last edited:
Upvote 0