• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hand Cannon Animation Nitpick

Unit-05

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Now this of course is not an absolute nessesary for the game, but rather for eyecandy. (afterall, Whats better to use the guns after then to eye them after right?)

Now when using the hand cannon I found something was off when I finally realised, The hammer is not getting cocked after each shot!

The Desert Eagle is a single action pistol, Meaning for each shot that has to be made, the hammer must be cocked, but when you pull the slide and load a round into the chamber, the slide also as a secondary action cocks the hammer. Which when when you pull the trigger, it releses the hammer, which then fires the round by igniting the powder charge inside the round, gasses are compressed and the bullet is expelled at high velocities and any excess gas from the powder charge is then used within the gun to cock the side of the gun back (because its gas operated not recoil operated), loading a new round into the chamber, thus cocking the hammer again when the slide is moved back.YouTube - Desert Eagle .44 Magnum at 1000FPS The animation change would not be extreme, infact it should be very simple to do. And would serve as nice eyecandy for the people. (Especially in ZED time :D)

What do you think? (and Sverek, Stop down voting every post I make. It's immature)

Last edited:
As with all things like this, would like to see it, but it wouldn't be worth the dev time. Would be awesome if they did it, wouldn't be worried in the lsightest if they didn't :)

Yeah, but it's one of those things the modding community can do if they Really wanted to. but again its for the sake of eye candy, just something that would be nice to add

But the Hand cannon is one of the guns that truly shines in ZED time, like the Lever action rifle for example: watching the gun load a new round into the chamber, and then watching the spent casing fly away in slow motion, tumbling in the air in a almost care free fashion.

if its one of the many things I liked about ZED time is that it allows you to look into detail of the things around you, so, I thought, why not make ZED time more enjoyable?

Upvote 0