• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Question....

I just started replaying BFBC2 after picking up the Vietnam add-on. After playing a few hours, I've noticed that all of my previous awards and metals are gone. I have prior knife kills, but nothing else. Doesn't seem as though the awards I get during game are saving either, but my rank points go up.

Don't really care, I was just sort of surprised. Did I miss something in my 6 month absence?

Upvote 0
Question....

I just started replaying BFBC2 after picking up the Vietnam add-on. After playing a few hours, I've noticed that all of my previous awards and metals are gone. I have prior knife kills, but nothing else. Doesn't seem as though the awards I get during game are saving either, but my rank points go up.

Don't really care, I was just sort of surprised. Did I miss something in my 6 month absence?

The EA stats servers are grinding to a halt under the "overwhelming" load. All stats are there and your progress is still saved, but the game client has problems :)troll:) getting those out.

An94&M16+red dot are great of course but I prefer the XM8 with ironsights. Pure power and accuracy. PKM is definately the best LMG after the much needed M60 nerf. 9A91 or SCAR-L are awesome both in close quarters and long range.

Being a bushwookie is quite a meh experience. Just pick one of the instakill weapons and make some headshots at extreme range. Assault wookie with SVU+red dot is quite an overkill imo. Managed to get a nice 30-0 streak using that set.

Almost all of the Vietnam maps are a bit unbalanced to say the least. If the teams are balanced skillwise, the outcome of the battle is most likely decided before anyone even spawns. Cao Son Temple is far easier to the US team because there is almost no cover for the NVA team to advance when G.Is happily sit behind a comfy rock unleashing the mighty nadespam. Hill 137 and Vantage point are almost the same. Just sprint straight to B and let others cap the first objective - instant win+profitable rape.

Phu Bai Valley and Operation Hastings are great. Hop in a tank with VWarhead(the flamer is useless) and blast those pesky flying coffins out of the sky. Lots of multiple kills and mad pilots. Don't even think trying to shoot the helis down with an RPG because they always have enough time to hop out. No such luxuries when you shoot them down with a nicely placed tank shell.

TLDR: 450hrs of playtime blah blah blah

Upvote 0
It's perfectly fine IMO. Choppers have enough trouble already with ultra-fast Gustavs and tracer darts. They wouldn't last a minute if they could be damaged by simple gunfire. They take only one rocket to go down after all.

In Vietnam on the other hand, there's no tracer dart, no static MG, no static AT. Choppers would be godly if they couldn't be damaged. Being able to repair to repair them in the air is a bit too much though.

Upvote 0
The only thing that this game is missing is a Commisar class that can only be played by one person on each team. The Comissar would be allowed to execute the players on his team who camp in the back contributing nothing. He could execute even if FF was off and he would receive no penalties. I swear sometimes I would be executing half my team or more if I was the Commisar.

Reactions: Deafmute and ERK
Upvote 0
Counter-measures are a pilot's best friend in BC2. Flying is my speciality, and I never take flight without my counter-measures. I usually plant C4 on my nose as well, if I know my bird is going down I will aim for the nearest tank, parachute out, and then detonate. On rush maps I take the Blackhawks and have my squad mates load it with C4 and then I crash into the objectives and blow them up. It hilariates me seeing people's reactions after doing this. Works with the UAV too. My favorite land vehicle is the Bomb Quad. C4 loaded Quad Bike that I drive into tanks like a mad man.

C4 is my favorite weapon.

Reactions: fiftyone
Upvote 0
New server update is out that allows for infantry only servers on Vietnam!

My server is now running infantry only conquest:
b_560_95_1.png

Upvote 0
I think the flying is awful in BC2. I just can't figure it out. Maybe I can't get used to such a bad flight model. :p Some people can use them very well though.

How do you make the counter measures work? Are those unlocks?

My favorite vehicle is the Bradley. Very good against infantry, especially when you have a gunner or two.

I always play as an Engineer though. IMO it is the best class, as you get good primary weapons as well as good anti vehicle weapons.

The M1911A1 is extremely good to. It actually kills people in 3 or so shots.

My favorite primary is the SCAR L, with the XM8C coming in second.

My only issue with the game is that there are not many maps. Doesn't seem like there will be an new ones either? And no custom maps either. I have a feeling this will be a short lived game because of that. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
I fly with keyboard and mouse. You need to turn your sensitivity up, I have a Logitech G500 so when I enter a chopper I can turn up the sensitivity on my mouse to max, it helps. I also have the bank left and bank right on Lshift and Lcontrol respectively, this helps me strafe left and right to get behind towers and buildings to avoid missiles or incoming AA fire as well as make hard turns. Also make sure the invert setting is checked. When flying a UAV you want it off, when flying a chopper you want it on.

Counter-measures work only if you are locked. When your HUD displays a missile lock, deploy the CMs and then you are safe. They remove the tracer dart from your hull when you deploy them. Don't confuse the incoming missile sound with the lock-on warning. When you are locked it tells you, that is when you deploy the CMs.

Upvote 0
I also unlocked the AKS-74U. I am not sure what I like more, this or the SCAR L. The SCAR seems to be easier to control, but the AKS is still accurate and deadly in short bursts.

I tend to interchange between the SCAR and AK-74 fairly regularly, they both work in different scenarios, i.e. the AK is better in an urban environment, such as the town in Arica Harbour, due to the exchange of lower range for greater power, but the SCAR is better in medium range combat, such as the final objective on Atacama Desert (Rush mode).

Upvote 0
I tend to interchange between the SCAR and AK-74 fairly regularly, they both work in different scenarios, i.e. the AK is better in an urban environment, such as the town in Arica Harbour, due to the exchange of lower range for greater power, but the SCAR is better in medium range combat, such as the final objective on Atacama Desert (Rush mode).

I am finding that out to. Is the G3 in the engineer class?

Upvote 0