• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Remote Controls HDTV Monitor

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
I have both a TV/Monitor and a TV of the same brand. The TV remote also controls the monitor. So if I want to turn the TV off, down goes the monitor. If I change the volume, both change. Clearly this is not very fun to deal with so does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

I already tried a universal remote, googling, reading the manuals, and the brand's online support to no avail. The support guys told me to hold my hand over the monitor receiver or put a metal plate there.... Surely someone else in the world has the problem. One of those strange times where something that seems relatively common seems to never have been experienced before and I am out of ideas.

Last edited:
I have both a TV/Monitor and a TV of the same brand. The TV remote also controls the monitor. So if I want to turn the TV off, down goes the monitor. If I change the volume, both change. Clearly this is not very fun to deal with so does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?

I already tried a universal remote, googling, reading the manuals, and the brand's online support to no avail. The support guys told me to hold my hand over the monitor receiver or put a metal plate there.... Surely someone else in the world has the problem. One of those strange times where something that seems relatively common seems to never have been experienced before and I am out of ideas.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the receiver on the monitor.

Upvote 0