• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

• Yes, makes sense.

Votes: 159 75.4%
  • No!

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters
amy_thomas_1392817c.jpg

British military officer?

Or, British WPC--woman police constable:

020policewoman_228x328.jpg

Not sure if she'd keep wearing that cap in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. But the MP5 with tactical flashlight would sure be useful.

(And before anyone says it--yes, I'm aware that British police don't use the term "WPC" any more)

Upvote 0
Well, just hope we can expect female pack after TWI finish their RO2.

Perhaps, but unless they really want to do it, i doubt it will happen. They could probably easily throw together one character pack in two weeks, so they can make money off of 3*4/2= 6 all male character packs or 1 female char pack. The numbers I estimated there might be off, but in terms of time to money, the are probably going to have more profitable things on their plates. Not to mention they promised the release of more vehicles shortly after ROHOS comes out....

Upvote 0
Or, British WPC--woman police constable:

Not sure if she'd keep wearing that cap in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. But the MP5 with tactical flashlight would sure be useful.

(And before anyone says it--yes, I'm aware that British police don't use the term "WPC" any more)

I personally vote for Candlejack's female soldier, and this.

However, the constable must keep her epic bowler hat:D

Upvote 0
^That's true, I guess: if Captain Wiggins can wear his bearskin cap, then there's no reason why Constable What's-her-name can't wear her bowler.

You could even dress her up in one of those day-glo jackets the British police wear. It would make her easier for the zeds to see--but it would also help her keep blood off her uniform.

Now that I think about it--a pilot in a flightsuit would also make an interesting female character. She could have been flying one of those Merlin helicopters we see crashed everywhere.

Upvote 0
On voice enhancements:
1) Player to player automatic voice interaction based on dynamic variables in the game. (Incoming enemies, successful teamwork, etc.)

A cool and free game called Alien Swarm had a feature where certain characters would interact automatically depending on what happened during the level.

For Killing Floor,
E.G #1:
A Sharpshooter lands the killing blow to a charging fleshpound.
Mike Noble: "*Gasp* Bloody good shot, Jenkins!"
Clive Jenkins: "Naturally, mate."

E.G #2:
Reverend Alberts and Lee Baron enter into the ruins of the W.London church.
Reverend Alberts: "[Sadness] I can't believe it would come to this... London... it's all gone."
Lee Baron: "Cheer up mate. It isn't your time yet."
Reverend Alberts: "Too right. May God Bless us all..."

E.G: #3:
Destroyed Bedlam Club Dance Floor: (Based on the character description in the DLC)
Mike Noble: "Damn it... she's dead. They'll pay... they'll pay."

E.G: #4:
Offices: Patriarch dies by the hand of Mr. Foster.
Mr. Foster: "You're the bloody worst boss I've ever seen. You're fired!"

The game already rocks enough as it is, but I figure that might be a cool feature in the future to add some more badassism to the mix. :)

E.G: #5:
LAW...
Carnivore (In a metallic, monotone voice): "Insert cheesy 1-liner here."

Upvote 0
Persoanlly I'd go,

Female British Soldier:
938-female-soldier.jpg

Womans Police Constable: (Nicked from D-E-S-C-H cause I couldn't find a good picture of the policewoman I had in mind :))

A Goth (Just stereotypical to be in KF, without being offensive)
images

The Traders better looking sister :)
6580813-portrait-of-black-women-in-black-clothes-and-with-gun-in-hands.jpg

Normally I avoid crossing genders with my chars (makes me look like a creeper), but these women are just too badass to possibly not play.

I mean, some games let you play as hookers, and females are entirely for fanservice. But KF, it's classy; you won't see any chars with the badassiness levels below eleven.

Upvote 0
I don't think she'd be too happy if all she had was girls in short skirts and crop tops :p

Why the real girls in all those games go for the male chars; because represnting a gender with incredibly whoreish chars is more disrespectful than not representing it at all.

Upvote 0
Why the real girls in all those games go for the male chars; because represnting a gender with incredibly whoreish chars is more disrespectful than not representing it at all.

Ain't it the truth, and just because this particular new skin makes me laugh my arse off everytime I think of it...

(Kev the Chav Voice) Yeah, the big T has got to represent our sistas the right way innit. Any people be sayin otherwise, they is just chatting air, they is getting brave sat at their computah you get me? We ain't playin no games, this ain't no Killing Floorz, me and mah crew is gonna cut em up blood. Basically they is gonna get smashed on the level you get me?

Respect Famz, respect :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea of the Trader's Sister--especially if you did her up somewhat like Selena from 28 Days Later.

I'm not sure the Goth girl would work, though. Among other things, the hair would be pretty tough to pull off.

Someone who looked more like Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo would be easier to model, more believeable, and just as badass:

salnder2_877629b.jpg

Upvote 0
I like the idea of the Trader's Sister--especially if you did her up somewhat like Selena from 28 Days Later.

I'm not sure the Goth girl would work, though. Among other things, the hair would be pretty tough to pull off.

Someone who looked more like Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo would be easier to model, more believeable, and just as badass:

salnder2_877629b.jpg

yeah, the Goth is unnessecary.

But I did love that movie. +1 for adding Lisbeth Salander in:D

Upvote 0
Some cool suggestions in here, would like to see some of them made real (and more voices in general would be nice). Not really holding out hope for it though, I think if it were going to happen it would've happened a long time ago.

Maybe someone can make a playable Stalker model. Blow away some zeds with Mrs. Claws.

Upvote 0
The unreal engine supports many options. How about some good ole create a character? TWI could sell apparel instead of pre- made characters. Personally I want to make ridiculous looking players. This game is pretty much serious sam without mega weapons.

Storyline started serious and tactical. Now it's been several months. People like Mike Noble and Mr. Foster started to show up. Those who survive this type of hell are going be a little off. I want to join in with my own personal craziness.

Upvote 0