• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Minor things missed in the update

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Yo fellas. Well, this is a rather small thing, but to calm my minor OCD behaviours, i just wanna point out a few things that where missed with the balancing update. It's mostly stuff missed in the perk descriptions and the full change log stickied here in general. Let's get straight to the point:

Demolitons:
-Perk description misses in game-
* The LAW rockets and Launcher Grenades discount bonus is not written in the perk description. (30% discount at level 6)
* The LAW gets an increased max-ammo bonus. (Only 10 rockets non-perked, but as level 6 demo the max amount is 22!) (Thanks FSUBoo for reminding me of this! :))

Sharpshooter:
-Balance log errors here in the log-
* That Xbow bolts cost 3.3

Last edited:
Nope, it is 140%. What actually happened is that the contents of the Sharpshooter's global damage bonus function were moved into its headshot damage bonus function instead, before the latter's existing code. The net result is that the two calculations compound just as before. It's always been effectively 140% on headshots at level 6; the only difference is that the part of it that once applied to body shots too doesn't any more.

Upvote 0
Nope, it is 140%. What actually happened is that the contents of the Sharpshooter's global damage bonus function were moved into its headshot damage bonus function instead, before the latter's existing code. The net result is that the two calculations compound just as before. It's always been effectively 140% on headshots at level 6; the only difference is that the part of it that once applied to body shots too doesn't any more.

Well, yeah, the TOTAL bonus is 140%, which is the correct number. BUT, then the 50% general headshot bonus is sorta... unnecessary to have. If it says 140% for the Sharpie weapons, then the 50% bonus have to say "50% headshot bonus for all weapons EXCEPT Lar, M14, HC, 9mm and Xbow", which is just silly. If they change the 140 number to 60 (even if just visually for us), then the 50% bonus needs no change. It, right now, LOOKS like you first get 140% bonus then ANOTHER 50% headshot bonus, which is not the case (might confuse some people). That's all.

One I noticed is that I seem to have 22 LAW rockets for LAW as a level 6 demo.

AH! Forgot to add that one! Thanks for reminding me :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, yeah, the TOTAL bonus is 140%, which is the correct number. BUT, then the 50% general headshot bonus is sorta... unnecessary to have. If it says 140% for the Sharpie weapons, then the 50% bonus have to say "50% headshot bonus for all weapons EXCEPT Lar, M14, HC, 9mm and Xbow", which is just silly. If they change the 140 number to 60 (even if just visually for us), then the 50% bonus needs no change. It, right now, LOOKS like you first get 140% bonus then ANOTHER 50% headshot bonus, which is not the case (might confuse some people). That's all.
I think it's better off saying what it really means, and thus I like the distinction as it is now. Clarifying the 50% bonus is a good idea, but much simpler than you seem to think - adding a single word will do it: "all other weapons".

Upvote 0
I think it's better off saying what it really means, and thus I like the distinction as it is now. Clarifying the 50% bonus is a good idea, but much simpler than you seem to think - adding a single word will do it: "all other weapons".

That could work :)

I still stand by with MY OPINION (not saying that's the way it should be done, just what i think is MY choice) that having the 140% say 60%. That means the little kiddos might have to do some math to understand how much bonus it actually gets :p And, isn't it easier to write:

"60% headshot damage bonus to Xbow/HC etc"
"50% headshot damage to all weapons"

rather than
"140% headshot damage bonus to Xbow/HC etc"
"50% headshot damage to all weapons other than Sharpshooter weapons"?

I mean... it seems a bit silly to me. Why include a bonus which directly hints at 100% non-perk related stuff, which kinda sounds negative and illogical, instead of just showing that it IS part of the perk by doing my way?

Think of it in another way, which do you think sounds better:

* All community employed workers get 10% reduction on dental costs, but you Dentists get ANOTHER 10% reduction! (Which is like my suggestion, it sounds quote positive, no?)

or

* All dentists get 20% reduction on dental costs, but other community workers only get 10% reduction. (Which is your suggestion and sounds more negative imo, no?)

Upvote 0
I have a question about this very issue actually. I misunderstood the information as well, believing there was actually an additional headshot bonus of 50% for Sharpshooter weapons.

However, I'm failing to see how it reaches 140%? The 60% shifted to headshots-only and the 50% that already existed only add up to 110% additional damage. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have a question about this very issue actually. I misunderstood the information as well, believing there was actually an additional headshot bonus of 50% for Sharpshooter weapons.

However, I'm failing to see how it reaches 140%? The 60% shifted to headshots-only and the 50% that already existed only add up to 110% additional damage. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Well, it isn't additive, it's multiplicative.

60% is 1.6x
50% is 1.5x
140% is 2.4x

1.6 x 1.5 = 2.4

That's how it adds up.

And see, there ARE people getting confused by this, so it would be nice if these things were corrected TWI :)

Upvote 0
As dumb as I sound, I always skim over most of the math stuff but as far as minor details go:

Disappearing dualie ammo.

That's actually a pretty big thing. I always avoid the second pistol like it's a pile of dog turd.

While it might not be bothering YOU, it might bother others (Like me :p).

But yeah, dual ammo is an important thing that needs fixing too, but that's not the point of this thread :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I think I more agree with Aze on this one.

I think it reads better written as

50% Headshot Damage for all Weapons
Additional 60% Headshot Bonus for Sharpshooter Weapons

This method makes sense for a Sharpshooter perk to gain a generic headshot bonus, then gain an additional bonus for his class specific weapons. The other way kinda sounds like he has just randomly been tossed a headshot bonus for other weapons instead of it having a purpose.

Although there is only a small difference in the wording, this makes it clear that he has 1 bonus for headshots and 1 bonus for his class weapons. Its also clear that the 2 effects then stack for even greater damage.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I think I more agree with Aze on this one.

I think it reads better written as

50% Headshot Damage for all Weapons
Additional 60% Headshot Bonus for Sharpshooter Weapons

This method makes sense for a Sharpshooter perk to gain a generic headshot bonus, then gain an additional bonus for his class specific weapons. The other way kinda sounds like he has just randomly been tossed a headshot bonus for other weapons instead of it having a purpose.

Although there is only a small difference in the wording, this makes it clear that he has 1 bonus for headshots and 1 bonus for his class weapons. Its also clear that the 2 effects then stack for even greater damage.

Thank you, exactly what i meant ^^

Upvote 0