• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

best RO 2 box art

best RO 2 box art

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I like it, I find it a bit vague as to what the game will be like.

Europeans like artsy box art :p. the European market and American market prefer different box arts. :p

Euros just want it to catch your attention, while Americans often want the main characters or what the game is about displayed on the box. Below some examples for different regional box arts.

American heavy rain boxart you see for instance the 4 main characters that the game revolves around.
http://img.neoseeker.com/v_thumb.php?type=news&articleid=12816&image=2

With the European heavy rain boxart, you just see an origami in the rain. It doesn't show a lot about the game it could be an origami folding game or that you actually control a killer origami bird. But it intrigues people to read the box.
http://gamingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Heavy-Rain-UK-box-art.jpg

For reference here is the japanese box-art (origami's are kinda clich

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
4 looks perfect to me. Very serious and bold...attention commanding. It would stand out on a store shelf. Anything similar to Zetsumei's American example gets lost in the crowd of text and faces you see in the game market. Also the name, being the only text, recieves much more attention...they're more likely to remember it if they momentarily glance at the cover while walking by. And of course the name is the name of the game. Of the game, that is.

My tastes are up to European standards, though. I'm very sensitive to cheese.

I also don't think this or any game's graphics are good enough to be prominently and nakedly displayed as cover artwork. Maybe a tank or some piece of equipment...but definitely not a character.

Upvote 0
It hasn't got much to do with what people are more sophisticated or whatever but more with expectations.

American game covers most likely originate mostly from movie posters etc. So in the end there are some rules a cover should abide by to agree with someone's expectations.

Americans expect that a cover got a function beside being pretty, like being an extremely short summary of what the core of the game is about.

Europeans just want it to look as pretty as possible, and maximizing the pretty ness often comes with a loss of direct function (although it can add to the mystery or place more emotion in a picture).

Of course this is just a generalization and doesn't hold truth for a lot of people. As often the american and european box arts are exactly the same.

The killing floor box art for instance doesn't show a lot about the game either but it draws the attention, and the coop survival horror text might get people to read the back of the box. The sole picture gives a sort of eery creepy feeling, which probably attracts just the right market.

kf_box_art_cover.1253154760.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0