• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs: How much of this is moot?

I can't officially say, but I can't stress enough that RO:OST is not RO: Combined Arms. Almost every system in the game has been redone frome the ground up from the mod version plus much more. As far as suggestions go in general, this late in game development, any suggestions really won't be taken into account for release anyway...

Upvote 0
I think they have already learned to do that. Many of the things we will be seeing in ROOST, like the ability to rest weapons and dive to prone, were things suggested in the forums by many people. All successful developers do this: listen to the players' feedback and design their game accordingly.

Upvote 0
You know, its not like the dev's sit at their computers and wait for the community come up with ideas for their own game. I remember seeing idea's in the testers board months before the community did. But it's not like we don't appreciate it either. Just let the game come out and then start posting idea's about what could be improved. Rather than going 'omgah they r not listing to me!'

Upvote 0
Yeah I don't really see the difference MP38...I mean what are testers other than players gving input based upon experience? That's what we all have done, it's just like Xendence said, some of you had access to the builds first.

There is no need to get so defensive anyway. No one said that the dev's just sit at their computers and wait for us, all I was saying is that all smart developer's take in their players' suggestions: that's a large reason why you have testers to begin with.

Upvote 0
A retail project is planned out months in advance, if not even longer. Development roadmaps, design documents, feature lists all have to be prepared before a project even begins.

At this stage of development nothing new is likely to be added, but suggestions help adjust the priority of anything still not in or needing extra work and help the devs to judge what the public response would be to them. They also help them decide what to add in future updates, so although your posting is unlikely to change what is in retail, it does have a point, and will have an impact after the initial launch.

Upvote 0
Yeah I don't really see the difference MP38...I mean what are testers other than players gving input based upon experience? That's what we all have done, it's just like Xendence said, some of you had access to the builds first.

lol that is most certainly NOT the only thing testers do by a long shot, you would be surprised :D

But otherwise, what JC said is exactly right.

Upvote 0
Wolfsglen said:
lol that is most certainly NOT the only thing testers do by a long shot, you would be surprised :D

But otherwise, what JC said is exactly right.

Well yeah, I know that testers do more than just play and give input, they have to meticulously report bugs, the circumstances under which a bug ocurred, test for exploits ect. but I assumed we all knew that, and was just pointing out that at the core of it, a tester is just a player that reports his experience.

You guys are not taking what I said though for as it was meant. I am not saying that developers don't have a project outline already in place, and I am not saying testers don't do anything, I was just pointing out that in a way, because RO mod was always in Beta, in a way, all of the player community were testers. Thus, all of our input has been taken into consideration, and this manifests in things like the resting of weapons, diving to prone, better animations, etc. these are all things that were voiced quite heavily in the forums.

I also agree that it is kind of ridiculous for everyone to be making suggestions for a game that we have yet to play. We should really just wait for ROOST to be released, and then critique/provide insights.

Another thing to consider is that there will be a big difference between the Suggesetions Forum from the mod and from ROOST: the players making suggestions for ROOST will be *paying customers,* which does change the dynamics slightly.

Upvote 0
I would suggest you to wait untill you have played the game. This is not meant in a negative way, just a hint, because we cannot comment everything mentioned in these forum ;).

Do not forget one important thing: We are players, too.

(OK, you guys own me all the time, but hell, cannon fodder is needed for realism)

Upvote 0