• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Battlefield 2142 Trailer

Aw nuts to that. I've played that game, it's called UT2k4. (Ut2k7 etc.)

Seriously, what I like about the Battlefield series is the damn real weapons (and then the bunny-hopping, hit-detection, and damage modeling messes it all up ;) ) .
UT2k4 runs smoother - I think it's a better game overall, but I can't stand lasers and particle weapons. bleh

And why mechs? Have some damn original thought you monkeys. I just feel like I've played that game over and over and I see nothing about it that excites me.

Does anyone know if they hired one of the 'future war' BF mod team? Maybe they'll hire the mod team - suck them dry of their creative passion - dumb-down and f' up all the factors that made the mod great - fire the mod team - then release it with huge bugs which they'll ignore for months only to patch it introducing more bugs wishing they had kept the mod team around to help . . .

Upvote 0
This is why i make my lifes mission never to buy EA made games, they always promise much deliver crap, i'll admit it looks good allthough no doubt it will be dumbed down to make it appealing to the greatest possible audience and will include overly framiliar game play, god i hate the business model its like a leech on creativity. If im wrong get EA to send me a big in your face e-mail but i think i'd rather buy ut2k7 they always seem to make ut games that run well and bring something new to the grene.

Upvote 0
Ah well... now I know which game's commercial ass is being kicked by Enemy Territory - Quake Wars.

The graphics are okay, but nothing spectacular, it's just BF2 with different models and maps... so what? They could still call it the "Space Super Action Booster Pack" and sell it, and people would buy it in flocks.

They should better fix all the issues with BF2 before developing a new game... but heh, that's the industry's standard by now, can we expect more from EA? Not really.

But at least they periodically talk to their community... something they had to learn, and something other publishers and developers still need to learn. So to say, here we're in heaven, support- and feedback-wise.

In my opinion, BF2 is one of the most fun games atm... but it appears that it was written by people who were quite intoxicated when doing their job. The game has so many small, irritating glitches to fill several lives and still not see all the bugs the game has.

But, since I will buy Quake Wars, they won't get any money from me for BF2142, or whatever it is gonna be called. Nah, nah, BF2 told me the lesson not to buy EA anymore because they tend to leave their games unfinished. Marketing guys are evil.

Upvote 0
takadi said:
*craps pants* A goddamn Roman fleet. Chinese civil war. Western frontier. What is wrong with you EA!!!?? They have resorted to "game whore" status like Lucas Arts and Sega.

lol, cmon now, don't knock LucasArts, they try...
although I admit that being a huge star wars fan I wish they'd give a liscense to someone who is a bit better.

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt that a half century of chaos, warfare, and global destruction would have bustling metropoli that look neat and tidy, especially with severe overcrowding that comes from losing half an entire hemisphere.

I wish visions of the future would be handled by people who know what the hell they're talking about. But we can't expect EA to waste money on scientific accuracy when people have battlemechs:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Lasers are terrifying and powerful weapons with the right amount of power, people just think they work like they do in Star Trek. Well, Star Trek never had people being cut in two by a beam of light. The only problem is that they're virtually ineffective on a scale as short as BF map sizes because of the amount of energy needed and the size of the equipment(this is 2142, not the 44th century. Pocket laser blasters will be far from the realm of the actual).

I just love how is takes less than a full twenty years for 25% of the world to be engulfed in a new ice age, and that there were no warning signs to speak of. They might as well have said that magic ice fairies caused it.

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
I just love how is takes less than a full twenty years for 25% of the world to be engulfed in a new ice age, and that there were no warning signs to speak of. They might as well have said that magic ice fairies caused it.[/quote]

HA! True, I didn't even really catch that the first time so true. Wow, didn't even try for a plot

Upvote 0