• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forum suggestion: Sarcasm meter

As we all know, the internet is not the best vessel for that wonderous form of humour: SARCASM.

Often people mis-interpret whether someone's posts are sarcastic or not so I've thought of a way to SHOW whether you are being sarcastic.

Every post (whether it be a proper post or a short post) should have the option of having a sarcasm meter. The numbers 1 to 10 should appear at the top/bottom of the post. The poster can click on one of these numbers depending on how sarcastic their response was meant to be (1 being serious, no sarcasm and 10 being completely and utterly sarcasm ridden)

This information is then transfered to a little bar at the top of a person's post. The bar would be empty for 1, a little bit full and green for 2......... half way full and orange for 5....... full and red for 10. This should help people to guage the sarcasm in people's posts more effectively :)

whatcha think?

-=KnIfE=-

There are only 10 possible sarcasm-states if you use binary...

You either are sarcastic or not. I never ever in my life have been "half-way sarcastic" or even "7 tenths sarcastic".

A "hostility" meter would be more usefull from 1 (friendly) to 5 (annoyed) to 10 (If I had the possibilty to kill you the most painfullway I could imagine, I wouldn't do it, because I would get someone to do it who is more imaginative)...

Upvote 0