• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs need to add REAL default keys.

Cleft_Asunder

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
I don't use default keys, neither do most on this forum I assume. But since this game is going out to the masses, a considerable portion have never or will not change their keys; they take whatever is given to them. While it can be argued that anyone who doesn't change their default keys shouldn't be playing RO, well, it wont hurt to change them.

So, the current default keys are a bit rediculous. I wont go into the details since I can sum it up by telling you that the iron sights key is 'I'. Scary, I know. So hopefully the devs have streamlined these keys.

Suggestions:
RMB: Iron sights
Crouch: Shift
Prone: Alt
Jump: Space
Reload: E or R
Selective (rate of fire): F

lol if people are too lazy to use a simple menu option to change the key config to their liking if unhappy with the defaults - i honestly dont see why that should be the Devs problem - if they never change the defaults, what does it matter what they are anyway? The rest of us will still probably end up changing them to suit our own grubby hands whatever they are :D

Upvote 0
malice said:
Just take the default loadout of COD and use it for this. COD has similar features (leaning, prone) and will provide new players with a base to which already know.
I'd agree with that. That's -

Forward: W
Backpedal: S
Strafe Left: A
Strafe Right: D
Lean Left: Q
Lean Right: E
Primary Attack: Left Mouse Button
Melee: Shift/Alt
Sprint: Shift/Alt (not sure which one would be better, because I'm used to shift for sprint in RO)
Iron Sights: Right Mouse Button
Crouch: C (toggle)
Prone: Ctrl
Reload: R
Use: F

And my own preference -

Selective (rate of fire): Middle Mouse

Upvote 0
Jimmy said:
I'd agree with that. That's -

Forward: W
Backpedal: S
Strafe Left: A
Strafe Right: D
Lean Left: Q
Lean Right: E
Primary Attack: Left Mouse Button
Melee: Shift/Alt
Sprint: Shift/Alt (not sure which one would be better, because I'm used to shift for sprint in RO)
Iron Sights: Right Mouse Button
Crouch: C (toggle)
Prone: Ctrl
Reload: R
Use: F

And my own preference -

Selective (rate of fire): Middle Mouse
Yeah, that is brilliant, but how are you going to switch weapons? With the numpad?

Upvote 0
basicly the only thing they should REALLY do is set iron sights to the right mouse button. for a features used so much setting it the I key is just completely ludicres.
even if you change nothing else changing that would help a lot.
it will probably save us from the a lot of the "what no crosshairs? how do i aim?" stuff.
im perfectly willing to help new people but a good decent default key layout would just save everybody so much effort.

(i wont list my own key settings but i use ESDF for movement instead of WASD as its the default possition for your hand when typing and most comfortable on my keyboard anyway(split in the middle). but im not going to force that on anybody.)

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
KarhuWaari said:
I still think that my keys are best and I have made Leaning into it.
WASD = movement
Space = jump
Shift = Sprint
Ctrl = Crouch
Z = Prone
LMB = Fire
RMB = Melee
MiddleMB = Ironsights
Q&E = Leaning
X = RateOfFire
F = Use
G = DropWeapon