• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People need to use broomhandles

The_Cook

Grizzled Veteran
May 10, 2006
Okay I've been reading the forums again, and I honestly believe that a majority of people have never handled a gun, or have done physical activities outside.

I've seen someone say they should add sideways rolling from a prone position and still be able to keep your self in iron sight mode

I've seen people say rolling from a crouched, or standing position should be able to get you to a safe spot from a nade

I've seen request for sideways rolling from a standing or crouched walking, running position, while keeping your view foward on the same spot.

My point is before posting these suggestions, borrow someone's rifle, or cut a length of broom stick, get in your backyard and really try to do what you suggest. Don't practice, don't think about it. Just grab the broom and do it. I will be surprised if you don't hurt yourself the first time you do it. Most likely you wouldn't be able to pull it off withou practice.

Those types of suggestions are probably from people that leaked in from other games like BF2 or Call of Duty. In BF2 you can actually have your avatar roll with no effect to your aim from any position. It's especially annoying when a guy runs up to you with a RPD machinegun, rolls to the prone position as he fires, and manages to kill you in very few hits. All when you could be pumping 12g buckshot into his idiot head at the same time.

Upvote 0
i have to agree with everything you said. But... i do think some movement in the game needs to be changed. leaning while running... its just not possable in real life. you would fall over. All that crazy gravity stuff tends to get in the way. But... People should be able to jump up from prone much faster then they do now. I dunno about everyone else that plays the game but anyone thats in decent shape should be able to jump up plant one foot down and start moving in about one second. Sure those first few steps wont be graceful but you shouldnt have to crawl around for a few seconds. With a heavy machine gun or a panzerfaust or even a rifle ok i can deal with it being kinda slow but if you have a pistol or a sub machine gun it shouldnt take much at all to get to your feet.

Upvote 0
Hell, try to hold a gun and you'll realize that the Devs were being leniant as to how long you'd be able to keep a steady sight picture. (not to mention, this is WITHOUT factoring in fatigue/heavy gear/being fired back on) If you want things to be realistic, I think the Mosin Nagant should require 25 clicks before the bolt cycle animation starts to simulate sticky bolt syndrome.

Upvote 0
is grenade dodging even taught in basic training/infantry AIT even today?

I think throwing a grenade should have a "wind-up" time ala Flashpoint, to mitigate the exploding-rock throwing contests we have in RO sometimes ( enemy spots you, instead of taking cover and shooting at you, pulls nade and throws it in about 1 second )

Upvote 0
Hell, try to hold a gun and you'll realize that the Devs were being leniant as to how long you'd be able to keep a steady sight picture. (not to mention, this is WITHOUT factoring in fatigue/heavy gear/being fired back on) If you want things to be realistic, I think the Mosin Nagant should require 25 clicks before the bolt cycle animation starts to simulate sticky bolt syndrome.

25 clicks?

Try 50.

Upvote 0
If you want things to be realistic, I think the Mosin Nagant should require 25 clicks before the bolt cycle animation starts to simulate sticky bolt syndrome.

Hell, my 91/30 does it one cycle!

The devs should also allow your avatar to kick. Not so you can kung fu any enemy, but so you can stand your rifle up and kick the bolt loose!

Upvote 0
Nitpick: the Soviets used copper-washed, steel-cased ammo. Having gone through almost a hundred rounds of the stuff in relatively rapid fire, I had no sticky bolt issues.

For that matter, sticky bolt syndrome is (mostly) caused by residual cosmoline in the chamber

Upvote 0