• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Zed-Time not working properly

MrWheelMan

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2016
So it has happened sometimes that when somebody activates Zed-Time and i'm far away everything slows down except for me i have been using Berserker and Sharpshooter at those times and does not own any Zed-Time related talents on any perks (No lvl 25 perks)

I know if Zed Time is happening while the wave shifts to Trader time it will allow players to move in real time in order to alleviate frustration to get to the trader pod quicker. There are also several level 25 perk skills that enable real time movement like SWAT and Berserker but it sounds like none of those factors apply to you in this case. The only variable I imagine that could play into this is distance. Which map were you playing on when it happened? This will help me narrow down potential maximum distances I could test to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

Upvote 0
[TW said:
OfficerDavid;n2281131]I know if Zed Time is happening while the wave shifts to Trader time it will allow players to move in real time in order to alleviate frustration to get to the trader pod quicker. There are also several level 25 perk skills that enable real time movement like SWAT and Berserker but it sounds like none of those factors apply to you in this case. The only variable I imagine that could play into this is distance. Which map were you playing on when it happened? This will help me narrow down potential maximum distances I could test to see if I can reproduce this on my end.

There's also a bug or intentional that happens on PC as well, basically when there are no zeds around you and zed time triggers, you will move in real time, shoot in real time, reload in real time and so on even if you're lvl 0 whatever perk. As soon as zed spawn nearby while you're still in zed time (or you moved closed to an active zed) the game will slow down as it should be.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2281320 said:
There's also a bug or intentional that happens on PC as well, basically when there are no zeds around you and zed time triggers, you will move in real time, shoot in real time, reload in real time and so on even if you're lvl 0 whatever perk. As soon as zed spawn nearby while you're still in zed time (or you moved closed to an active zed) the game will slow down as it should be.

Interesting, that could give me a clue to whats going with MrWheelMan's issue. Thanks for the tip. Now when you say as soon as zed spawn nearby, you mean that there are still zeds on the counter within an existing wave correct?

Upvote 0
This isn't a bug but rather intended decision named Partial ZED Time. Most of the related functions there are native but judging by name - CanSeeZedTimePawn, the criteria of partial ZED time entrance is the lack of nearby players or ZEDs.
When player enters it partially another function being called - StartPartialZedTimeSightCounter which seem to be LOS check timer. As soon as you see another player / ZED you enter ZED time fully, this effect also has its own visual and sound effects. Also when you shoot it does slow you down too.
Overall i think it's a helpful feature.​

Upvote 0