• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your top 5 of new content that you would want.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I thought it would be interesting for people to post what would be the top 5 most wanted additions for them for the game.

Here's mine

1: Ability for clients to record demos (not serverside demos)
2: Ability to manually zoom & possibly zoom everytime everywhere.
3: 3d voip - to improve the teamwork and ease up the small scale teamwork.
4: More maps perhaps some Mod or Ost remakes
5: Changes in countdown, to make the transition between caps more smooth rather than just killing everybody. (perhaps give both attackers and defenders all respawns from the get go so 6 for attacker 4 for defender, but give a time limit between when the next one can be issued). So that the fighting is more continuous. (while still respawning the defenders always at the next cap.

3: 3d voip - to improve the teamwork and ease up the small scale teamwork.
4: More maps perhaps some Mod or Ost remakes
5: Changes in countdown, to make the transition between caps more smooth rather than just killing everybody. (perhaps give both attackers and defenders all respawns from the get go so 6 for attacker 4 for defender, but give a time limit between when the next one can be issued). So that the fighting is more continuous. (while still respawning the defenders always at the next cap.

3: Would be great
4: Definetly Ost maps.
5: CD could use preparation time for defenders.

Also colored chat (Red for soviet, Blue/green whatever it is for Axis).
Much much more recoil for undeployed MG so we can put an end to ridiculous ramboing (at least in Classic mode)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1: The ability to zoom in regardless of what else you're doing, not just when stationary. The FOV zoom simulates the size at which human eye sees things, and last time I checked things don't magically appear smaller when I start to walk.
2: 3d voip - to improve the teamwork and ease up the small scale teamwork. (What Zets said) Oh, and so I can yell "BEHIND YOU!" before shooting an enemy in the butt.
3: Addition of transport vehicles
4: Larger, longer and slower paced maps that use the aforementioned transports, more opportunities to manoeuver smartly rather than just running at a hail of bullets half the time.
5: COMPLETELY REMOVE THE STUPID UNLOCK SYSTEM FROM REALISIC. IF CLASSIC IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC, WHY DOES IT HAVE MORE REALISTIC LOADOUTS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gudenrath
Upvote 0
1. Auto-ready function for respawning. Now the UI is a lot smoother, its less annoying having to click ready, but I still hate missing a spawn deployment by 1 second because I had to manually click "Ready"

2. Louder artillery sounds.

3. M38 carbine - really enjoyed using this in Ostfront. Perhaps give it more recoil/slightly reduced accuracy than the M91/30 in exchange for more agility to account for it's smaller size.

4. MG42! :D

5. Pancake.

Upvote 0
1. A historically correct functioning K-98, would be nice to have a core element of the Wehrmacht done right. So, bolting out the last shell makes you unable to lock the bolt again, so you always know when you've shot your last round. And not end up in front of Nikolai and all you hear is: "CLICK"

2. Maps, come on, launch that mapping contest! Let there be a reward!

3. Voice option for regular soldiers: Defend! and a GRENADE!!! command. That would be nice. We already have the grenade one automatically when it drops besides you, but I like to shout it before I throw it too, so people know not to run into it.

4. Coloured chat

5. Luger

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1.) More maps, honestly. It's not too important to ME, but it's better in the long run.
2.) More weapons
3.) some kind of character customization deal as you level up. Say you don't like the rolled-up sleeve look, or you like your guy wearing gloves or something, you can select features you want
4.) Tanks. Tons of them.
5.) Maybe a good tutorial or two. So if somebody finds themselves a Squad leader, they can know what they need to do. I can tell you from experience, it's not very fun trying to figure out by yourself what a good SL does. Same with tanks.

Upvote 0
1) Maps. This is the big one and most important for me. You can add more weapons and features etc which are great, but I'll mostly still play as the same class with my bolt action rifle. But maps, I will tire of playing the same ones over and over again. Did I say new maps?

2) Vehicles. At least some more tanks and infantry transport. You certainly don't need the selection that was available in ROOST, but some more variety would be nice. Also the addition of infantry transport will allow for bigger and better combined arms maps which are my favorite.

3) Fully functional, non-buggy SDK. This opens up the creative side of the game to numerous other people who can contribute many more new maps than TWI can put out. Some of the best maps in ROOST were the custom ones and the variety they offered was great. Mapping contest soon???

and then some functional aspects of the game:

4) The ability to zoom/focus totally separate from using iron sights.

5) 3D VOIP in the game.

And an honorable mention... Give me an auto ready button for respawning. I hate missing the respawn by a split second because of the timer and me unable to find my mouse cursor on the screen :D

Upvote 0
1. Maps (big ones). We need a contest.
2. Halftracks. They allow for bigger maps to be made.
3. 3d audio and there should be differnet options for it. I think the commander should be heard by all so that teamwork doesn't suffer. The rest would use 3d voice to communicate. SL could perhaps communicate directly with the commander. I think this just adds way too much immersion for it to be ignored.
4. Weapons (MG-42 and so on). Although some of them may not have seen much action in Stalingrad. They allow for late-war battles to be created and enjoyed by the community.
5. Didn't really know where to place mods since they incorporate most of what i mentioned but they are very important as well.

Upvote 0
1: 3d voip - to improve the teamwork and ease up the small scale teamwork.
3d voip is awesome, that's one of the feature i like the most (and RO2 doesn't have it :eek: )

2: More maps perhaps some Mod or Ost remakes
3: Ability to manually zoom & possibly zoom everytime everywhere.
4: More weapons!
5: Ability for clients to record demos (not serverside demos)

Upvote 0
1. 3D VOIP to improve local teamwork (should replace squad VOIP in my opinion). Team VOIP can stay for squad leaders and team leader to communicate.

2. I am unsure what current SDK status is, but I heard about some problems that are being fixed. That's important for point 3 as well.

3. More content (maps, vehicles, weapons like flamethrower and molotov coctails, for example to give people more to choose from), incude support for custom made maps (and other stuff) that'd be liked by the community.

4. Better communication system for those without microphones: allow people to mark on map and from the map level where they need something (give us icons for smoke, sniper targets, MG covering fire, anti-tank support, etc.). This should help to give orders more clearly.

5. Ability to manually zoom and possibly zoom everytime everywhere, I'd like to see ARMA system here, it's fairly done.

Upvote 0