• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

***Your Favourite Beer***

Just got back from three months in France, and got the chance to tour around Germany trying beers :D .

The best I had was probably Vetters Hefeweizen, from the Vetters Brauhaus in Heidelberg, along with Erdinger Weizbier in Freiburg. Behind that was Paulaner, Bitburger, Franziskaner, Spaten, Hofbrau Dunkel and Warsteiner.

BTW, the French Kronenbourg and the "premium" version 1664 were pretty terrible - although not as bad as Budweiser. The only thing it had going for it was the 25 ecents per bottle. One of the reasons why I spent all my weekends in Germany...

Upvote 0
This is a wonderful thread. I have a few favorites depending on my mood... and how much money I have

My band is sponsored by Budweiser, so when we play at the clubs it is what I drink. If I am poor at the bar, I will also drink Bud.

If I am poor and at home, I will drink Busch. A 30 pack for 12 bucks can get you pretty drunk.

After work and getting paid, I will go to the pub and drink one of 2 beers. My honest Favorite of the 2 is Hacker Pschorr, or I will have a Guiness. Keep in mind, these are wind down beers and I am not getting hammered off of them.

If I have money and I am relaxing at home, I will buy a 12 of Heineken, but if I overdue it, I will have a horrible headache the next day.

Upvote 0
Favorite on tap is Paulaner Hefeweizen, I think.

Slumming beer on tap is Schlitz. Try it at the Green Mill in Chicago, if you don't believe me. Great time.

I find myself getting something different almost every time. A Brazilian bottled beer, Brahma, is a lot better on tap (in Brazil) but not bad in a bottle.

I live in the Boston area, which is great for beers. There's one place I still need to make it to, which is supposed to have 100+ beers but is supposed to be slummy. That's my kind of bar.

This place has a great selection but is too foreign to me; it's like a wine-tasting place with beer, instead. Cheese trays with your beer ... ?
http://www.thepublickhousebrookline.com/

If anyone lives around here and wants to go grab a brew, PM me. Wife is pregnant so I'm already down some opportunities. =)

OOOOOH. If you guys want to make your woman happy, grab a bottle of Lindeman's Kriek lambic. (Not Lindemann's, the wine.) The lambic is ... different. It's like a cherry champagne more than a beer. Women and guys both love it.

Upvote 0