• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Post Launch Work Begins!

SOUND, the one thing i wish the most for is more detailed enviromental sound, what i mean is i can hear zeds very close to me, regardless if they are behind very tick walls or in another floor, not sure if this applies in all places or not, would take quite a while to test, but very worth it IMO.

Having to turn around very often to check if zeds are actually on your back or in a separate room with no path to you can ruin prioritization and game immersion.

I'd be more than glad to offer more in depth feedback if needed. there were improvements in this regard lately, and for that i'm very grateful.

Upvote 0
Gregs2k2;n2279129 said:
I only have one request Yoshiro...

kf_gingerfast_by_atagene-d352gwi.png

You know it has to happen, right? ;) (maybe not this year, naturally..)

yes pleeease.

Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2279726 said:
I think the Martial artist should just be made as an 11th post-launch perk. It's too good an idea to be scrapped for the survivalist.

There won't be a Martial Artist ;-). As far as I understood it in the livestream, they completely gave up on the idea. They also tried to add LMGs' but they cannot balance them (btw I don't need LMGs', so I don't really care). I'd like to see perks / weapons which are different like I'm not sure how many people actually liked them in KF1 but I just loved them. Some of them are more like an alternative for another weapon but I loved the alternatives. Others are totally different and that's what I loved about them. If it wouldn't pay out as free weapons I'd even consider buying a dlc or two.

Reactions: RunningRabbit
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2279736 said:
You listed exactly the stuff I'd hate to see time, effort and disk space being spent on for KF2. Tripwire is so amazing with real-life weapons, I just want to see a Battlefield3-4 like arsenal of assault rifles, carbines, shotguns, sniper rifles, pistols and launchers.

Yes, they are amazing with the weapons. You can probably expect a lot more real-life weapons and maybe one or two made-up guns. They mo-capped everything they wanted to add before and will add the weapons one after another into the game. It's just that I like those Sci-Fi / Fantasy guns ;D.

Upvote 0
The 'ravager' is probably my favourite of the names that I've seen proposed.

While LMGs would be too OP in most situations, particularly camping, I've been playing around with making beefier assault rifles that are on their way to LMGs. They feel powerful due to increased GunHitPower (increased zed reactions) and StumblePower, as well as reasonably high damage per bullet. They have slower reload times, much higher recoil and spread (without the bullets spraying in a noticeable cone), and feel like they pack a real punch. However, they actually have DPSs very comparable to the SCAR.

I think that while LMGs might not quite fit, something inbetween could work quite well. However, they would have to be for a perk other than Commando, because Commando gets some really OP skills for LMGs, like increased mag size, hugely reduced recoil, and tactical reload.

Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2279970 said:
So what sort of weaponry is in between assault rifles and light machine guns?
Back in my Battlefield 3 days I always called them support assault rifles.

Stuff like the M27 IAR and the RPK-74M. They're much bigger and more powerful than regular assault rifles and have longer, heavier barrels and extended magazines, but they're much heavier overall and have worse reload times when compared to their closest direct equivalent.

There might not be room for real LMGs in the game, but a couple of those style of beefy ARs would probably be welcome.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0