• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World in Conflict

West Germany, 1988. To avoid certain collapse, the Soviet army boldly advances into Europe. NATO responds only to be met on a second front -- a diversionary attack on the American homeland. You are a field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.

http://www.worldinconflict.com/main/overview.html

New strategy game coming sometime in 2007, Check it out the graphics are amazing!

Most of the images aren't blurred, and those that appear blurred only appear so because of bloom and heavy AA.

Besides, the game has a good publisher/dev combination team behind it. Sierra/Vivendi combo strats include Homeworld 2 and Empire Earth 2. The developer massive entertainment also created Ground Control, another fun strategy game. So everything looks exciting here.

Upvote 0
I know there's like two other more recent threads on this game, but thanks to the super crappy search function on this forum this was the only thread I could find.

Fileplanet is hosting another WiC Free Multiplayer Trial until March 26th. If you haven't tried the game yet then by all means go download this trial, or if you enjoyed previous trials but didn't buy its still worth the download. You get 2+ free weeks of multiplayer WiC action for free, can't beat that.

I've been in both closed betas, tried the demo, tried the other free multiplayer trials, so by now I feel like I've owned the game for a year (but haven't paid a dime :D).

Knew I was forgetting something:
http://www.fileplanet.com/184973/180000/fileinfo/World-in-Conflict-Trial-Client

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do the soviet troops in the game use ak-47's? by the late 80's most soviet troops were armed with ak-74 assault rifles, its also weird that EVERY soldier has a grenade launcher, the camouflage the soviets wear also looks too modern, and shouldnt soviet tanks be an olive green color not what they are like in the game? The western troops equipment seems pretty i wish as much research was put into the soviet side.

Upvote 0
I think World In Conflict is "pretty good", but not more than that. It's not a very difficult game and you don't really have to think a lot, which is a good thing imo (not all of us have the time to put in hundreds of hours of making up strategies).

What disappoints me is the small-scale battles. Although the levels are bigger, the troop count never gets higher than Company Of Heroes.:confused: Which isn't what they advertised iirc. Or maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the game yet.

The explosions are pretty sweet though. Still, I think CoH and RTW is a lot better.

Why do the soviet troops in the game use ak-47's? by the late 80's most soviet troops were armed with ak-74 assault rifles, its also weird that EVERY soldier has a grenade launcher, the camouflage the soviets wear also looks too modern, and shouldnt soviet tanks be an olive green color not what they are like in the game? The western troops equipment seems pretty i wish as much research was put into the soviet side.

lol.

Upvote 0