• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP] TE-kuporosnoye

fmc'Attila

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2012
Hey everyone, I have been working for a while on this map (well nearly since 2013 :eek:) so I think it's time I post something.

It's territory map based on a real location (here is the Kuporosnoye village, http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/stalingradaerialscans/GX1567SG/slides/GX1567SG-141.html ; go look this website it has great aerial photos, authentic map of the frontline, etc). The allies defend this small village of the southern suburb of Stalingrad in order to avoid the complete surrounding of the city.
This is a combined map, with two tanks and halftrak for the axis and only one tank for the allies, it also a big map (even if I halved the playable area, I had to :() so my main concern is the performance of the map (with the gameplay of course :D). Well here is some screen to illustrate :

f24YjqNl.jpg

Ts6dvwOl.jpg

gWXSB09l.jpg

y6MB7m4l.jpg

a3tJ2hrl.jpg

YVuCDZxl.jpg

o6SBnB0l.jpg

UNkXzajl.jpg

3l5ev1Ql.jpg

iokqUGzl.jpg

Wnc8OT4l.jpg

09haTcIl.jpg

Edit: I thought the image would link to the imgur but it doesn't seems to work like that so here is the link: http://imgur.com/a/SNsKr

So I think I will soon deliver this map but I still need to tweak some points (and maybe to try it on a real server :p).

Last edited:
Chiming in with the awesome crowd! :D Even by just glancing at the screens, the amount of love and reasearch that has gone into the map is apparent - really reminds me of archival images of Stalingrad, especially the screen with the field of chimneys. As a fellow dilletante mapper/modder, I really hope you manage to finish it sometime in the foreseeable future, as I'm aware what a hurdle the lack of motivation or RL issues can be...

This one ought to be included as a stock map as soon as it's released! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, it's nice to see more RO2 maps coming out once more. Very refreshing! Also, there isn't any positive comment I can say that hasn't been said already. Just beautiful. Well done. I too cannot wait to try this.

That enormous beige building looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to fight over. Quite iconic!

How soon before you can pump out a playable alpha for feedback?

Upvote 0
How soon before you can pump out a playable alpha for feedback?
To be honest, I think I could release the map like it is for the alpha, but I fear the first stage of balancing a map can be quite frustrating for the player (and can leave a bad memory). So first i'll try to get some of my team mate to try it, but hopefully it will take no more than 1-2 weeks (non contractual delay :p).

Upvote 0
Needs more rifle slots for both teams. Due to the fact servers can see more than 64 players due to the spectator exploit which TWI said they fixed but didn't.

Also you gotta do that thing for the terrain. That underground tunnel. When you die in there you get sent to space. Also its hilarious trying to get a halftrack in there. Forgot how to fix it but I think its a tickbox in the terrain settings.

Upvote 0
Needs more rifle slots for both teams. Due to the fact servers can see more than 64 players due to the spectator exploit which TWI said they fixed but didn't.

Also you gotta do that thing for the terrain. That underground tunnel. When you die in there you get sent to space. Also its hilarious trying to get a halftrack in there. Forgot how to fix it but I think its a tickbox in the terrain settings.

In Terrain settings check the box "Allow Rigid Body Underneath"

Upvote 0
:cool:

I've always had the green light to run alpha maps. The few of you that have seen it, do you think it's essentially playable?

Yeah. The only bug is that "allow rigid body" tickbox not ticked. Which mighty I add a lot of custom maps don't have. Univermag being the biggest culprit.

I do notice however this map comes with an .roe and a .upk fike as well. Two things.

Upvote 0